No name, no budget, no worries

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to join in on the build off. Not gunning for the podium, just here to have some fun. I've got this old Collegiate Sport that needs some love. No clue what I'm gonna due yet, definitely get rid of all the cable tabs.
053.jpg

I don't have a headbadge for it, so I made my own for now. Is it a self portrait? Few will ever know.
054.jpg

Re: No Name Yet

You are off to a great start. That headbadge is killer. LOL If I have ideas for that frame I know you do too. Now get ta buildin' and get a name for yourself. PEACE

Kinda have an idea on what I want to do. 27 inch skinny on the front, not sure about the rear, maybe a 26 with a fatty tire. Low bars and seat, may end up chopping the seat tube and just making a seat pan to lay on the frame. No frame add-ons, gonna keep it bare bones. Maybe that'll be my build name, bare bones. More to come...

IMG_5733.jpg

Borrowed a slick from my other bike, liking this mock up much better. I really want to chop off the top of the seat post and have a pan lay across the top of the frame, whether or not I'll find the time to do it is another story.

055.jpg

necessaryevil said:
whether or not I'll find the time to do it is another story.

Time, 2 month+, we got nothing but time! (that's what I keep telling myself about this build)

Here's a rough idea for my seat pan. Somewhat of a 70's style dragster look to it. A tuck and roll or pleated cover on the top would be killer, not sure if that will happen though. Just gotta pick up some sheet metal and get to work I guess.

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

cannot WAIT to see how that seat turns out, you gotta go for it! that'll be what really pushes this build that extra inch to make it stand out from the pack.

Decided to make some more templates. Gonna add some gussets in the headtube, bottom bracket, and rear dropouts just for fun. I have an idea in my head for a totally ridiculous but cool looking front fork/stem combo, but that's going to stay a secret until it's in metal.

IMG_5735.jpg

Ok buddy I see ya. I'm loving that idea. Keep it up. Now get ta buildin'. Peace

I actually thought about doing some gussets like that on my project. Decided not to though. They will look very cool.

This is gonna be sharp! I like it

I like the look of your bike, the blue frame and cool decals, the dragster stance, and custom touches, oh yeah!

Back