No longer a Lurker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up everybody. First time posting but I have been cruisin' these forum pages for a few months. Well, I'm out of California and love oldies, rat rod bikes and my '65 impala. My first bike a is a Nirve Redstar. I was gonna go with the Electra Ratrod but I like the frame of the Nirve. I changed it up a little by changing out the handle bars and grips. I added a Wald Rear Carrier basket and changed out the all black 26 "wheels for two with red spokes and one of them being 24" with a fat 3" tire. Just need to add a front lamp to it and I'll be done. Then my friend hooks me up with a free 1980 Schwinn frame. Got the dates from the the serial number. I think it's a Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser because of the pinstriping on the seat tube. Don't know for sure, maybe someone can help me out. Anyways, thats gonna be my new project. Well, I'm glad to have my first post behind me with many more to come. This board seems very supportive of each other and I really like that. Here's my pics.

My Nirve Redstar

My Schwinn Frame

Nice ride! Can't wait to see what you do with the Schwinn.

Welcome to the forum! :D

That Nirve is looking mighty tough...like the personalization.

Can't go wrong with the old Schwinn Cruiser frames....solid as a rock!

Welcome Nice Nirve. I do love a bike with a basket have been thinking of painting or powder coating mine to color
match.
100_4681.jpg

100_5158.jpg

I think you will like it here.
Any pics of the 65 impala?
Skip

Welcome. Schwinns are a great bike to modify because the parts are relatively easy to find, and so many people are knowledgeable about them. Just be careful not to mention the words "Schwinn" and "rat rod" in the same sentence if you're talking to a Schwinn purist.

Great job on the Nirve.

Back