Nirve Fifty Three - New Tires 26x3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this nice new shiny 3 speed Nirve that is itching to be customized. Nothing too extreme, but it needs a little tweaking. I have a set of Felt quick bricks in creme on the way. I need to find some different handlebars and possibly different grips. Any thoughts?

4288714009_e7210e6a3b_b.jpg

Re: Nirve Fifty Three ideas...

Definitely needs some different bars. Color-matching the grips, tires, seat and maybe even the pedals might help tie the bike together, though use your own taste as a guide - sometimes that can start getting a little too "boutique" for my taste. You might consider painting those fork legs, too... it'll help kill the "made in Taiwan" look those new springers always have.

Try taking off the Nirve and 53 decals but leave those on the tank area.

I think its a really nice bike as is. I would be hard pressed to make any serious changes to it. Just my 2 cents though

man whats wrong with those handle bars???
i dig'em let me have them!!!! lol

necessaryevil said:
REDRIMS REDRIMS REDRIMS

Redrims = mirder = murder = Murdered out = all flat black spray cans all over....?

I like the thought of painting the springer, but I have a hard time scuffing up nice shiny chrome (cheap taiwan or not)

The decals are under the clearcoat so they will have to stay.

The handlebars aren't the worst, but they are a little too cartoonish for me.

I love the color of that bike & the graphics on the tank. I say put on the creme tires, switch out the bars & you'll be good to go.

A few new potential parts.....

Some brushed alum mid rise bars
a set of Primo super tenderizer platform pedals
a set of cork grips (might put a coat of cork sealer on them)

4294529556_9f958aa628.jpg

4293788557_364331ec4c.jpg

Put some cork life on one and it completely changed the look of the grips. The one on the left is sealed and dry. on the right is untreated.
I like the darker look.

4297045158_62bd47af93.jpg

if you decide to get rid of the bars that are on it now let me know if theres anything youd want to trade for them! with some mods thosed be perfect for my camelback
btw if you flat black that thing ill hunt you down :lol:

much better!
disclaimer: this is just my useless $.005.so take it or leave it
it seems to call out for a brooks b67 in honey though(or maybe thats just the voices in my head :lol: )....

I really like those creme tires on that bike. (And I usually don't like them).

Great updates including the bars.

ive always liked the funky mini apes on those nirve bikes, but the change looks alot better imo.

id be tempted to find some white Wald pedals to match the wheels and maybe a different seat to match the grips (echoing sensor - this is just a worthless opinon)

I was going to go with white grips and seat, but I thought it might clash with the tires. I guess a lighter leather might look ok.

Back