Nice day at "work"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The upside to my job is that i get to go boating on Lake Winnipesaukee. This morning in particular was stellar! The lake was flat, hardly any boats, and nothing but sunshine..Enjoy!

Looking East at the Ossipee Mountain Range, home to Castle in the Clouds...
DSCN0166.jpg

West toward Gunstock Ski Area.
DSCN0156.jpg

More glass and sun...
DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

One of my favorite house/boathouse combinations.. This guy restores old wood boats..Structure was built in the teens.
DSCN0167.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Man...what job do you have again?

I forget :D

I work for a marine construction company in the beautiful Lakes Region of NH. We operate 2 barges, several pontoon boats and so forth. Basically if there is a project in or around the water, we do it. Dock repairs, dredging, breakwater construction, seasonal dock installations, boat lift sales and installation, island septic sytsem construction, island site work and so forth. I do 99% of the site visits, quotes, design work and State of NH Wetlands Bureau permit applicaitons.

Sometimes the weather is nice for the barge guys..This is probably late fall
Christmas06A.jpg

Sometimes it gets cold, but we keep on working...
bargebreakawayjan09003.jpg

We can move one full Concrete truck on our 90 ton capacity 60ft barge.
Concrete15.jpg

.....or two empty ones..
Conc32.jpg

This is our "big excavator. CAT 313B with Tow-Tem attachment building a breakwater
DSCN0040.jpg

This is Maine Drilling and Blasting's hoe ram next to our "big' Machine. I think theirs is a CAT 330
Barge7-26-06A5.jpg

We were first in the region to switch from a crane with leeds and hammer for pile driving to an excavator with a vibratory driver, works awesome..
Piling10.jpg

Here's one of my design's on Lake Sunapee
PaulJ080906.jpg

Sunstream Sunlift 8000lb capacity hydraulic boat lift with canopy under Windsorcraft boat. The truss frame aluminum crank up dock is our work too.
Parker060607C.jpg

Are those pictures from the Wolfeboro and Alton end of the lake? You must have taken those early in the morning. The lake's never that still this time of year.

The first photo set were taken on August 19th, 2010! middle of the day. Traveled from Gilford out to Jolly island, then up to Bear island. So, kind of the opposite corner of the lake from Wolfeboro / Alton.

Of course, the day before yesterday i had 3 visits to do in Wolfeboro / Tuftonboro and i got soaked with rain for 1/2 the day. So it all works out in the end..

great pictures Walker, and thanks for sharing your job info, very interesting work.

Walker said:
The first photo set were taken on August 19th, 2010! middle of the day. Traveled from Gilford out to Jolly island, then up to Bear island. So, kind of the opposite corner of the lake from Wolfeboro / Alton.

Darn! It's been a few years since I've been in that area. I don't believe that you took those pictures in the middle of the day in August. Who stole all the boats?

Latest posts

Back