Nexus Custom Shifter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Shamono nexus 3 speed shifter on my bike. I have seen many custom suiside shifters mounted under the seat or on the down tube. Has any body shown how to accomplish this engineering feet? Thanks for the help, and sorry if it has been addressed already.

I just welded on a portion of handlebar to the frame at the right position and put the twist shift there.The cable just needed shortend on the Nexus 3 speed.

You might want to go over to intros and say hi, the folks around here appreciate it. :wink:
colsonclone028-1.jpg

colsonclone034.jpg

Thanks Tiki, I took your advise and posted an intro. I love the shifter location. I also love the paint job on your bike. It looks like a technique I use to wrap fishing rods called a tigger wrap. Sweet.

i got this centrix 3 spd shifter thru the chopperdome in the netherllands...(http://www.chopperdome.com)....worksd perfect with the shimano nexus!!..also firebikes has a pricey but cool shifter as well (wwww.firebikes.com)

Chopaderos031.jpg

prplebike007.jpg

069centrix_p1.jpg

good luck!

Back