Nexus 7 Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Removing rear wheel with Nexus 7. Do you have to have the hub in 1st gear to remove the clip thing that changes the gears or does it matter. How about reinstallation? I had trouble with that thing before and I've slept since then. Gary

I just put one on my Manton & Smith I kinda think it was in the longest cable position which is 1st I believe.

I think XC204 is right - 1st gear. When I put a new shifter and cable on my Schwinn Cruiser Four the other day, I found I had to put the cable end into the hub then put the cable housing in the bracket that sits behind the hub. I'm thinking pulling the cable housing back and free of the bracket would have to be done before you can rotate the cable end to free it from the hub. As you can see there is are little flats you have to line up with a slot on the hub to remove and install the cable.

iu

Thanks Kingfish. Didn't think about youtube. I have to remove the wheel to replace the tube. I was airing it up and it blew in my face! Didn't hurt the tire luckily. Gary

I changed my tube using the youtube directions. A piece of cake.

Now though, my rim is out of line. Could it be possible that the tube blowing out knocked the rim out of line? It was straight before because there is very little clearance and it didn't rub. It rubs now. I'll put it on the truing stand and see if I can straighten it. I hope the rim isn't bent. It's always something. Gary

are sure its the rim that's untrue? It may be the tire didn't get seated well.

There should be a mold line above the bead area on the tire sidewall.
changing-bicycle-tire3.jpg

This should follow the od of the rim - like shown in the pic.
if its uneven the tire is not setting true on the rim.

Back