Nexus 3sp Jockey Shift?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an Electra with a Nexus 3sp. Looking to make a conversion from the twist shift to jockey shift. Im a complete newb at this bike game so Im clueless at this point. I tried searching (as all newbs say) but couldnt find anything answering my question. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nobody has any guidance or suggetions? I did find a few grip shift relocations which Im sure I could figure out but really looking to change the shifter completely. A little help here.....?

Sturmey-Archer makes 3-speed jockey shifters, there's a good chance they will work with the Nexus hub.

Here's the '09-'10 Sturmey catalog,
http://www.sturmey-archer.com/pdfs/Stur ... alogue.pdf

Page 21 has pics of the shifters, scroll down to page 45 for the part numbers and descriptions.

FunkyStickman said:
Sturmey-Archer makes 3-speed jockey shifters, there's a good chance they will work with the Nexus hub.

It may work but the "pull" of the S/A will be different than the Shimano. Some have rigged up a stick on the twist shift and mounted elsewhere. OR you could always make your own. Often would be some kind of friction shift.

bigblockthing said:
if you can find an old thumbshifter from a shimano threespeed..theyre pretty common..you can change the orientation of it to somewhere on your frame and add a longer handle, like i did with my meatcleaver suicide shifter...ill go take some pics in a bit

I saw your cleaver shifter and its pretty rad. I saw some other people saying to find an old 3 speed thumb shifter as well. Think Im gonna try that out if I can dig one up. Id still like to see some detailed pics of how your setup works though.

i have these froma road bike i was goin to convert to ss/fixed:
cimg1071kr4.jpg

^^^ That might work. Quit havin awesome parts and not sharing you big jerk. I will take a look next time I come over....

bigblockthing said:
honestly all my setup is is the thumb shifter welded to my frame and i trimmed the lever down a bit do it would be flat and just welded the cleaver to it..and it works with all the regular nexus parts and is indexed right and all that....ill go snap a pic today since its nice out

I picked up a NOS Shimano 3 speed thumb shifter today from my LBS. Youre right, the index is perfect. Im mounting it and trying to find something awesome to use as a handle right now. All I really wanted to know was if that shifter was indexed the same as the Nexus hub. Got my answer. Thanks guys.

cimg1071kr4.jpg
[/quote]

i've seen one other shifter like that...is that on a rollfast?

Back