NEXT La jolla Seat Post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lajolla mens beach cruiser i got at a consignment shop like new for 15.00. For a "throw away" bike i really like it. Alittle hard to pedal but i changed the rear sprocket from 16t to an 18t and now pedals quite nicely.

I want to put a laid back seat post on the bike but cant find anything that fits. I believe it may be metric. Its a rather large diameter and alot bigger than most. Anyone know the exact size i should be looking for??

Slowriderz can make you up one, any size and length, solid steel and virtually unbendable. I'm using one on my 1936 Pope.
pope1.jpg

here's the link- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59700&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=seat+post+2013
I highly recommend them. 8)

Tater said:
Pull your seat post out and read the numbers on it. It is likely to be marked 25.4mm if the frame is steel or 27.2mm if it is aluminum.

Thank you...It does say 272 but i didnt know what that number meant. Thought it was just some manufacturers number. I have a 22.2 bent back seat post. Do they make a bushing to adapt that one to a 27.2?

Back