next build off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when is the next build off? i am going to get in on this one, also what kind of bikes are we going to build?

Not sure what we will do. Some folks have shown interest in building kids bikes for the next build off.

I do know one thing, this next time I will send out a mass email letting everyone know about the build off at the beginning. There were several members who said they would have joined in, but didn't realize that we were having it. Not everyone hits this site on a daily basis.

The next build off will also have voting that lasts for a week instead of 24 hours, again, not everyone hits the site daily.

I DONT GOT NO "KIDS" Bikes.. Looks like were going to the FLEA-MARKET! WAHHHHHHHOOO!!.. i think we should have a no rules build off

My thoughts are this..

Have an open class where Frames can be cut and modified..
we have a whole bunch of great Fab guys here now

and a Frame stock, like this build off,
where people who can't cut / weld / can enter and show
off style's and designs buy moving parts and pieces around
without cuttin anythig up.

I also think a reasonable idea would be that every
person should donate 1 prize as an entry fee.

That way everyone get's 1 prize.
maybe a $2.00 entry fee to cover the Trophy cost..
or an Auction like we do on other Car Forums..

That way we can Auction cool parts and the Money gets sent into a Pot for the Trophy / Trophies if we have the 2 classes.

my 2 cents
peace,
Kev.

I like having some restrictions in the build off. I like seeing what different things people do within the restraints. Plus I like a little more level playing field. CBN already has had several successful no restriction build offs where bikes can be built from scratch with all new tubing and parts. I'm sure there will be another soon.
I just wouldn't want to see a built from scratch one off custom frame competing with a customized Schwinn. I like to see similar bikes compete.

All IMHO of course.

i dont think the rules should change... keep them how they are...

if people want a "no restriction" build off they could enter the ones on CBN...

if you start having more than one class, it will kind of separate the forum...

just my 2...

oct.

october said:
i dont think the rules should change... keep them how they are...

if people want a "no restriction" build off they could enter the ones on CBN...

if you start having more than one class, it will kind of separate the forum...

just my 2...

oct.

I AGREE WITH RANDY AND OCTOBER!!

On the next build off I'd like to keeo the prize situation as simple as possible. I don't know about yall, but I have plenty of "stuff" taking up space at my house. A nice plaque with a cool graphic on it to hang in the garage would be nice in my opinion.

Simple is good. :D

Rat Rod said:
On the next build off I'd like to keep the prize situation as simple as possible. I don't know about yall, but I have plenty of "stuff" taking up space at my house. A nice plaque with a cool graphic on it to hang in the garage would be nice in my opinion.

Simple is good. :D

ditto on the "stuff." I like the trophy/plaque idea...t-shirt(s)...sticker(s).

a DIY trophy is a nice idea...keep it Rat!

small entry fee isn't a bad idea

i personaly like the homemade plaqes better. they have more charactor then the ones that you buy in the store. homemade ones havve a heart and soul. i think the build off should stay free because im broke lol

Keep the stock frame contests! This forum has already proven that you can do alot to a stock frame. This is what seperates this forum from CBN. I love both equally but for different reasons! :wink:

I would love to see a Kid's buildoff! 20" and under sounds great! You could allow any stock frame (any size) but keep the wheels 20"s or smaller. This could make for some very interesting builds!

Just my brain tingling, whatever you guys decide, I"M IN! :mrgreen:
Chainsaw

I liked the stock frame rule last time , I just go with the flow most of the time so what ever the masses decide is all good for me...I am ready for another project and I have 4 frames to choose from 16" up ...err.. I should say I have 4 I want to get built before to long..lets roll on it :roll:

Back