Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hay can you make up a poster of some kind i have alot of friend that are into these kind of bikes and i know a few bike shops and people that would be down for this.
so, if you make a poster i can download it makes some copy's and put them in OCB and kickstand some nonprofit bike shops i volunteer at now and then it would great to get people involved in this form from BC more people members more happiness

Sept-Nov : build-off - MBBO (We are going to deliberate and see what the data says about adding more options here. More on that later in 2024)

I would like to see different styles in the future. Like a 1800's to early 1900's build . A wacky tacky races build. (burning man)

Here are a few of the bikes I will be choosing from for a build. Not sure which one or what category even. So I'm going to start looking for completed examples of each type and see what catches my eye. I've got a few other bikes/frames I may consider that I don't currently have any photos of.
IMG_20230930_110656085_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20230724_061247238.jpg
IMG_20231103_041035875~2.jpg
IMG_20230914_171450401.jpg
IMG_20230722_124308020.jpg
IMG_20231108_104553931~2.jpg

IMG_20230603_142714940.jpg

Here are a few of the bikes I will be choosing from for a build. Not sure which one or what category even. So I'm going to start looking for completed examples of each type and see what catches my eye. I've got a few other bikes/frames I may consider that I don't currently have any photos of.
View attachment 253873View attachment 253874View attachment 253875View attachment 253876View attachment 253877View attachment 253878
View attachment 253879
I spy with my little eye, the curved stays of a CWC. That'd be my choice for a knobby tire build, unless I had already had it earmarked for the big summer show

I would like to see more modern bikes with rear suspension converted somehow.

Oh look, it was what I was working on ;)
I've been fascinated by some old rear suspension setups I've seen and have couple ideas I'd like to try with adding/converting modern suspension to an older frame. Similar to either of these:
20230820_083653.jpg

Screenshot_20230824-214846~2.png

Just want to mention that anyone can do this at anytime now
Yes true, but that also goes for muscle bikes, klunkers, BMX, and off road, it seems to be the same build-offs every year. So why not just make it a anything goes build-off, in that case? I was merely throwing out suggestions , or are we not allowed to do that anymore?

Last edited:
I spy with my little eye, the curved stays of a CWC. That'd be my choice for a knobby tire build, unless I had already had it earmarked for the big summer show
Looks like a 24" CWC. A good candidate for a BMX.

Yes true, but that also goes for muscle bikes, klunkers, BMX, and off road, it seems to be the same build-offs every year. So why not just make it an anything goes build-off, in that case? I was merely throwing out suggestions , or are we not allowed to do that anymore?
I apologize if my response came off that way. I was just pointing it out as an option

I’m all for post apoc, TOC, zombie, sports, or whatever theme builds. They’re some of my favorites. But we just don’t have the bandwidth to support from an official RRB standpoint

As for the reoccurring ones we have been moving towards a reoccurring and structured format so the timeframe and themes are well known in advance so folks can plan. Focusing on what has historically gotten the most site traffic and engagement. The biggest issue with constantly having different themes is defining the rule set which inevitably some people get upset for one reason or another. Putting together the front end work, sub section setups, voting, and wrap up are pretty time consuming for staff. Some form of stability at least saves much of the front end work

Hopefully that sheds some light on the thought process

Back