Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some old handlebars at the bike shop here! So I bought both of them at a discount. Just under 14 bucks. I'm now looking into a two seater, with one set of cranks. Similar to this, but with a banana seat. Front or rear can pedal, short person up front. It might be all bolt together with no welding. The whole thing might change again before the start.
View attachment 245536

View attachment 245537
hey thats gonna be different! nice!

FB_IMG_1691838157012.jpg

I'm not sure if I'll be in or not.

But just in case, I have been scouting out a few parts in advance. Anyone know where you can get glitter handlebar wrap like this?

View attachment 245610
How good are you with a sewing needle?
I have glitter leather
IMG_20230813_125157312.jpg

I have a bunch of colors blue was handy

Last edited:
those Raleigh MX
Im gonna say it again, how tough are these, look at the extra supports everywhere, an elephant could ride it and it wouldnt break!

i have a plan were are the rules for this build off
Rough draft. NOT finalized

Going back to the class 1/class 2 format

Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria to be considered a Muscle Bike:

1. Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both)
2: Banana /Polo seat
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars
(Apehangers, Butterfly, Rams Horns, steering wheels, or any other weird variants, etc)

You CAN have all 3!!

• Start a new thread in the forum’s Build Off section and use the bike name as the post “Subject/Title.” Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
  • Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
  • Progress documentation is mandatory! Sprinkling in a photo or two will not suffice. Some form of documentation as things progress are expected to be produced. Lack of can find your build disqualified from voting
  • This is a build off NOT a bike show. Previously completed or mostly completed bikes are not eligible
  • Bike must be ride-able and pedal powered.
  • The build will begin at 12 am North American Central Time on September 1 2023 and Final finished bike photos must be posted in the “Finished Bikes” thread by 12 noon North American Central Time November 30 2023
  • Any questions about the build off must be submitted in the discussion section.
  • Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This whole competition is all in good fun. The whole point is to be creative, build something cool and have fun!

Class 1: Super Stock/Mild Custom: Only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or accurate reproductions that represent “genre-correct” muscle bikes. Only minor frame changes are allowed (cutting off tabs, structural repairs, etc) Extensive frame mods including bracing and bracketry should go in class 2

Anything that bolts on, including forks, can be modified as much as you want.

Class 2: Super Modified, no holds barred, stretch, slam, built from scratch, do what you want as long as it is ridable and meets Rule #1

Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately

I have been looking at that also. I actually bought a sample off of Etsy and it could work.

I'm still hoping to find some of the bar wrap that is designed for it though, if possible. @CRASH ?
The color is the important question. The Screamer, as you’ve shown, used gold, which makes gold very hard and very expensive to find.

The color is the important question. The Screamer, as you’ve shown, used gold, which makes gold very hard and very expensive to find.
Well then, naturally I will need gold. :chicken:

Back