Newbies Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled onto your site looking up rat rod wheels to go off of when I paint mine. Glanced through the site and saw lots of cool builds so I thought Id post mine up. Started building it around 7 years ago and lost interest and it set for 6 years and finally I drug it back out and decided to finish it. Im pleased with the way its turning out. Ive stretched the frame, cant remember how much though, been too many years since haha I did the forks as well, they are next mountain bike triple tree forks that I disassembled and replaced the tubes with some material I cut to extend them. Im a machinist so I plan on changing the neck to some triple tree bar mounts I'm making and switching out the ape hangers to something smaller. Im in the process of making a sissy bar, I only used this one to get my seat height set where I wanted. I still have alot of work to do though. Now onto the pics.

bike5.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike1.jpg

it just occured to me that the term noob or newbie hardly ever shows up on this forum.
now that i think about it, that shocks the heck outta me.

most forums throw noob around in a somewhat derogatory fashion. not here though.
we have those that build, those who plan on building, and of course more than a handful of what i'd refer to as "the pro's" (top notch builders)

your well on your way to the later, nice ride!

^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree thats one of the reasons i joined this site!

Anywho this bike is AWSOME I LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT! i want it! lol

Thanks guys, glad ya like it. I got the rear wheel painted up, relacing it tomorrow, red hub and rim with flat black spokes. Hopefully finishing the sissy bar this weekend along with hacking the seat post on the frame so I can slam the seat all the way to the frame. I want you guys input on something though. Should I paint? Right now I got the frame bare steel and I like it. Its got just a brown tint to it and I done some pin stripe work over it, it looks good but Ive also been thinking about flat black or flat red or even sending it off to be nickel plated. My buddy just had some forks on his BMX powdercoated matte black and they look sweet but I cant decide what to do on paint.

Leave it bare metal or flat black would be cool. leave them knarly bars also man. love this build! :D

leave it! :D but i do really like this forum. people post all kinds of bikes on here. theres fixie forums, theres bmx forums, theres restoration forums, but we got it alllll here. :mrgreen:

The only thing I dont like about the frame design it the rear hub loads from the front, I have to always carry an adjustable wrench with me because of the constant pulling forward of the chain, soon to be fixed though, probably going to cut the bike at back of seat post and widen the rear half for the schwinn chopper 4.5" rear tire and wheel and make the hub load from the rear and run chain tensioners on the hub.

diceman said:
I like it ( even though you,d have to be Hank Hills dad to pedal it ) looks mighty cool

Im 5' 8" and I actually ride this bike a few days a week all over town, sure you are mighty worn out and mighty sore the next day, but I guess that comes with a hardtail chopper with banana seat.

Rat Rod said:
I really likethe twin tubes up top and the overall frame design on this one.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Im fabing a piece of sheet metal that will be heavily tacked on those bars every inch that will run from the neck to the seat post and Im going to hole saw holes and dimple die them increasing incrementally in size.

Glad all you guys like the bike, I am intenting on leaving it bare metal for now, at least until I get it finished and look at it one day and decide its time for a change, at that time I will go to a mattte/ semigloss Black or Red, probably Black though and then re-pinstripe it. Rim s are painted, they are being relaced in the next day or so, havent had time to work on the sissy bar, when your daily driver is a Baja Prerunner, sometimes you dont get much time to work on other projects

Got my back wheel all painted up and took to the bike shop and got trued up, also got my seat mounts made up. Pics early next week :p

Rear wheel back on, bike is in commision again finally, now to do something about that seat, stem, and within the next few weeks do the front wheel like the rear....enjoy

14.jpg

11.jpg

Bottle cap bar ends

12.jpg

13.jpg

Bike looks good bro! What happend to the sissy bar? That .... looked good with them bars man!

Im fabbin a new one, i couldnt get the seat where I wanted with it so I took it off.
Heres a few pix from the day of riding, 4 and a half hour ride that is

newbike9.jpg

newbike10.jpg

newbike12.jpg

newbike11.jpg

newbike2.jpg

newbike3.jpg

newbike6.jpg

newbike7.jpg

Back