Newbie to the board, and to Detroit!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Florida bones have finanally thawed, and I have started to put together some rat rod bikes in the Detroit Metro area, and I looking for some people in the area to ride, swap, drink, and generally learn from. I have been fooloing with bikes my whole life, but know nothing about metal work and would love to create some monsters!

Well, there it is......

welcome!! I;m in Indiana and love to ride,swap(bike parts :D ) and drink...if your ever out this way look me up!!

Welcome from the west-side of the mitten, KALAMAZOO...

Welcome MotownMonster from the pinky knuckle. What part of FL were you from, did you by chance used to ride with the Freak Bike Militia down there? A few of us here are meeting up in Owasso on Sun. if you want to make a roadie and join us. Heres a link to the thread http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2225 ...Kelly
006.gif

I was in Tampa and then Tallahassee for work. I rode MT bikes when I lived in Maine and did a fair amount of work on them until my early 20's and then gave it up for a while, just riding yard sale bikes for basic bar transportation. Since I moved to MI I have been dying for a hobby, and i foud a used Raleigh that needed some love and it has started to go from there. Basically I am looking to buy some parts locally and go for a ride every now and then. I would love to take a road trip, but I am headed to Chicago this weekend. I will be rolling up and down Woodward for my first dream cruise on Thursday and Friday, so if anyone is in the area let me know!

Hey man, welcome from the hometown of Henry Ford (Dearborn). I have been wanting to form a bike gang for a while, but I'm not really the organizing/leading sort. My life is rather hectic right now, but I can usually find time for a cold one or two. I might be picking up a large collection of bikes & parts in the near future--I'll keep you posted on that. I might make an appearance at Woodward this weekend, but most likely on foot.
What will you be riding?

Welcome Motown Monster,

I'm from Ira township (the boonies north of Mt. Clemmons). I work near the zoo at a place called ePrize. It's near 10 and Woodward. I hope to hit the cruise Friday after work. What will you be riding? I'll probably be on my furniture bike. That is if I get out at a decent time, I work some mega hours.

I am out of town starting Friday night, but I will be in the 11 mile area for a while Thurs night. I will be on a work in progess, mad wagon frame (at least I think) beach cruiser with ape hangers blacked out - nothing crazy, look for the ink. My lady will be on a flat black cruiser with Pete the Parrot honking our way down the side walk, look for the cooler! Thanks for the great response everyone, and if it wasn't so late in the season perhaps a hash ride/bar crawl could work??

MotownMonster said:
Got the email, thanks Chainsaw.....were you just in Real Detroit???

Yeah, it's in this weeks Real Detroit issue, I think it came out yesterday. Keith, the writer did a pretty good job. I'm hoping we can turn him Freaky and get a ride outta him on Sept. 2nd at the 7 Year itch cruise in Clarkston.

Hope you can make it also. the Some of the Canucks are coming as well as some of the guys from the other parts of the state.

Thanks guys! I will do my best to make the Sept ride, my work is a bit insane, and I will be crazy with the Grand Prix, but I am gonna do my best! So anyone locally have a 26" or 24" wheel set for sale? Not looking for pretty just true, hopefully a single speed freewheel hub?? I will take a coaster hub, but rather keep my current set up which is a V brake on the rear.

Back