Newbie in St. Louie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. As the subject line indicates, I am new to this site and live in the St. Louis, MO area (anyone else out there from the Lou?). I love this site because I can look at everyone else's bikes and not have to spend any money or destroy yet another pair of good pants! It's a way for me to get my "bike fix" without dropping too much time or dough.

I don't customize bikes to the same degree as others on this site (welding? what's welding?). But I do enjoy finding cheap or free bikes in my area and either fixing them up for a quick sale ($$) or using them for projects. As you can imagine, I've been in plenty of thrift stores and been to a lot of garage sales.

I've assembled a couple custom Rat Rod or chopper style bikes for my two oldest boys. They are both 1970's muscle bikes (Murray and Columbia Playbike). One is all black, the other is the same flat gray as my commuter/cruiser (see Gallery photos of my bike here: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7377). I'm still working on one for my daughter (a pink or purple version of a 70's Murray muscle bike). And when my 2-year-old boy is ready, I'll probably make one for him, too.

I'll post my stuff as time goes on...

Rick M.
Full time Home Inspector
Part time Bike Peddler

Welcome!

Hey there,
Great minds think alike, I just finished building a purple Murray Wildcat! Mine's just for me, though...
0524080527.jpg
I'm waiting on a sparkle white seat & grips to replace the stock ones, but other than that, I think its pretty well done... Can't wait to see what yours comes out like!

Back