Newbie from Toronto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it goin eh?

I just discovered this site a few weeks ago and i have to say this site is awesome! There are some seriously talented builders here. I hope to one day learn the tricks of the trade and build a custom ride myself. I've never seen bikes this cool in Toronto before.

I have an old Pashley trike from the 70's that i have been working on over the past year or so. The bike itself is more or less original. I changed the seat and painted the frame flat black. It started out green with white fenders and a wire basket. My goal was to create a rear seat of some sorts that would replace the basket so i could transport my daughter back and forth to kindergarden. I was inspired by rickshaw type bikes they have in places like Thailand, but this couldn't look like like a sofa on wheels. I wanted to build something that had an old hot rod look to it. I used mostly recycled wood and junk from my garage with seriously basic tools. I think it turned out pretty cool. What do you think?

When i have time and money i'm going to change the handlebars (not sure what style), put some fat whitewalls on the back wheels, add a chrome bullet headlight (mine is a modified cheap dollar store LED job) and maybe add a disc brake on the rear axel...?

rattrike_rumbleseat_B.jpg

rattrike_rumbleseat_A.jpg

rattrike_rumbleseat_C.jpg

Latest posts

Back