Newb in Vancouver...will have ++++questions.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Vancouver, Canada.

Been wanting to buy a cruiser for sometime and that time is now.

Nothing out here that really gets me going right now. It is either the wrong colour or has wrong components(I want a 3 speed and would like a front disc brake). So I think I have decided that I may try to do a build with the Felt Canvas Frame Kit.

I am not that mechanically inclined but not an idiot either, so would this be a project I could undertake? How difficult is it to assemble a bike from scratch?

Also what would be the best forum to post all the technical questions I would have?

Like I said, I will have alot of questions an hopefully you guys will have the answers.

What are some of the better online sites for ordering parts?

Cheers,
Dan

Hello from Van Island and welcome.Take a good look at the How To page and go from there,lots and lots of info.There are some good bike shops where you are,pop in and have a chat with them.Check out the Vancruisers web site,as well as Kruiser Kirkham's site,lots of info and links there.Chainganglowider,out of Alberta has alot of goodies,plus you can avoid cross border shipping woes.I know there is at least 1 community bike shop in Van that rents out shop space and tools,etc.Good luck with your build!
Cheers
J

Back