Newb from Southeast Ioway

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First post on here, been lurking for a while. Ive been on the cabe for a while too, but love the feel of this forum!

Always been into bikes, mostly mountain bikes. Ive been to Moab (3 times) and Fruita, CO, etc.

I grew up in the Black Hills, South Dakota, so mountain biking was pretty much everything. We moved to IA two years ago, which was a big adjustment, but we have discovered a lot of cool places in the area and along the Mississippi. Ive also discovered road biking and picked up my first good fitting road bike (88 Bianchi) and that has been a blast.

We got into old bikes when we found a 38 Elgin girls bike for my wife at a garage sale, and I started doing research, and getting into it. Had to find one for me which started with a 56 Higgins tank bike (garage sale) and has grown from there. I have a lot of incomplete bikes and am just trying to zero in on which one I want to try to build up. It may be two: I have a 39 schwinn dx frame/truss rod fork that I might turn into a dirt cruiser, and a 39 Simmons badged Colson that I would like to be able to complete someday (even as a basic model).

I have about a dozen frames and bikes from the late 30's and 40's mostly with aftermarket parts on them and have been having fun sorting through it all.

Thanks!

hey welcome to the site, im also new on here and i live in davenport,iowa. what city in iowa are you in?

Heres a few of my bikes-mostly projects, incomplete...

My wifes 39 elgin
IMG0539A.jpg

My 50's Higgins middleweight
IMG0386A-1.jpg

1940 Colson
1940Colsona.jpg

two 1939 colson frames
1939Colsons.jpg

few more pics...

IMG0529A.jpg

My sons 48 hornet project-still getting two layers of paint off...
100_1253.jpg

My daughters late 40's Hiawatha

100_0943.jpg

My four year olds 1951 Schwinn 20"
100_1156.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my junk!

Back