Newb - 50's AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

new to the bike scene just picked up this 50's AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner. Anyone have a clue as to what year it was made? The serial is B18323 55C so I assume it is a 55?

how I got it:
amfrmpl01.jpg

after some tinkering:
amfrmpl02.jpg

and more tinkering:
amfrmpl06.jpg

amfrmpl03.jpg

amfrmpl04.jpg

Cool little badge:
amfrmpl05.jpg

My current plans are to wrap a different covering on the seat. Different handle bars and grips, maybe springer front end, add headlight and ride it. Think I should remove the rear fender but leave the rack?

-Matt

dogdart said:
That's also the last year they were made in Cleveland . I recently picked up the same bike , but member Black Crown Tattoo decided he wanted it more :p
  • Here's a pic of it

That's too funny! Are these fairly common bikes? I also noticed while researching it seemed some versions had a headlight was that an option or did that only come on other models like the luxury liner?

-Matt

Thanks Pick and Deorman!

I might need to start a build thread I just purchased a motor and some other goodies. :lol:

texasbigjon said:
please dont put a motor on that bike! :shock:

sorry Texasbigjon... already ordered and on its way. On the plus side everything I plan on doing should be reversible so the bike won't be damaged.

ratina said:
Nice bike. Yes it is a 55. I hope you put the fenders back on, they look nice

Thanks Ben; also thanks for confirming my year! For now I'm going to keep the fenders off but I put them in a box in my basement so they are safe.

I honestly know that it's "to each their own" but it sorta hurts my brain to see a relatively complete bike that's in such good shape to get monkeyed around with. That bike just needs to be ridden the way you got it. Buy a newer cantilever frame and put a motor on it instead of yanking apart a bike that's been together like that it's whole life. Any 60's to current cruiser frame would give you the same look without having to keep track of the parts from that Roadmaster AND make sure they don't get hurt while in storage.

Apex Factor said:
I also noticed while researching it seemed some versions had a headlight was that an option or did that only come on other models like the luxury liner?
-Matt

If you look at the first picture you posted, you'll see how your forks are plain where they meet the fender... no accomodation for a headlight but if you look carefully at the picture blow yours...
amfrmpl01.jpg

you'll see a little stub JUST above the fender at the fork... that's a headlight mount from the factory.
IMG007.jpg

To each his own yes, but please consider the history of the bike and the fact that they are only becoming more scarce. Less is more, if you want to build a bike with a straight bar frame just sell this bike and buy a bare frame. The sale of this bike would probably fund the whole build.

thanks guys for your comments. I understand and appreciate the thought. Unfortunately, I am continuing on with my build unless someone wants to throw some cash at me to "save" this bike from my hands.

build thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=61940

Back