NEW UPCOMING RRB SITE & FORUM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little update on the new site.

Looks like I'm aiming for a launch date of September 1st....the one year anniversary.

I'm in the testing stages right now to make sure everything is working okay. We will be going with a new forum software called "Fireboard" and it may take a little getting used to.

I'm also trying to figure out this whole shirt thing. I decided to go with Good Storm for shirts, but their printing in dark shirts isn't the greatest. I may end up taking a vote on which design folks like the best and then ask people to pre-order shirts if they want one. Trying to avoid dishing out $400 up front.

I will give everyone a heads up before we transfer the site.

Steve

ricksterr1221 said:
.. what makes it diffrent?

It's a totally different software so certain buttons and options won't be in the same place that people are used to. Also, some of the icons and buttons look different. We tried to keep the basic color scheme the same though.

It will kind of be a work in progress. As we chug along if there are things that seem annoying or need to be changed I will be addressing them. My friend Joe had to do a lot of modifying to get it to look close to this forum.

The main thing is that I will have more control over everything and I will be able to offer trackable banner advertising.

Shoutbox?

Will it have a shoutbox? (Which often functions as an online/real-time discussion forum) :?: :lol:

wondering out loud

OOOoo! OOooo!, I got a question

will there be a Gallery of just pics of bikes ??? :shock: :shock:

I reacently went to page one of Bike talk? [i think that was Page 1,when site started] and photos were not coming up any more??

8)

I plan to have a Flash gallery tool on the home page....sort of a rotating gallery.

Maybe I need to create a Member's Rides page.

well the new site is good news ! update and upgrade always are, as long as go through them seriously.
I happen to be in the graphic and interactive design myself which can be a problem since i spend my days in front of my mac and can therefore check the forum as many times as I want... can be a nice time consumer some lazy days ;)

I just hope this won't come to late tho. I've been working during the little downtime I have these days on some sort of a birthday present for the forum... It's a vector illustration (vector art, for those of you who don't care, can be resized in every way, color edited etc without any quality loss, and can be silkscreened perfectly), somehow inspired by the traditionnal hot rod freaks and such (cf. Ed Roth etc...) except this one's dedicated to RRB.
I hope I can finish it this week end or soon later.
I'm posting the original sketch and a preview of what's already done here :

rrb-preview01.jpg
rrb-preview02.jpg

And if there's anything I can do to help design-wise... feel free to ask, and I'll feel free to refuse if I can't ;-)[/img]

sort of a birthday present for the forum...

So tell me if I'm wrong Martin, we can use this image on cruise flyers and t-shirts and stuff like that?

If so, (and not to look a free gift-horse in the mouth) could there be a version with one hand off of the bars shaped like it's holding something (beer mug, coffee cup, pugil stick, lance for jousting, flaming torch, machine gun, video camera, chicken leg, etc...) so we could insert aformentioned things for possible theme cruises?

If so, you would be an incredibly generous, wonderful human being. And if it would help, I could call you handsome, talented, highly intelligent, buff, a man's man, a Renaissance Man, a man-about-town, statuesque, Ruebenesque, a Rueben sandwich, the Earl of Sandwich....okay...I'm done. Somebody slap me.

So, to get back to the original question...we can use this image?

jeff

ehehhehe
well it's just a real pleasure to get called all those names !
and guess what, you didn't even have to ! ahahahah
off course you will be able to use the image... what would be the use of a present, if people couldn't just use it.
And as for the possibility to modify it, well, I could do such a thing, but I'm almost sure (that's my job somehow) things would just look better if you asked me to send you the modified file every now and then (that means less than a dozen times a week :wink: )
Just wait 'til you see it finished, and I'll post somewhere online the file in different formats, for everybody interested to download it... or just give it to the site's admins so they can do what they want with it... Since I've also planned some lettering to go with it, that will say "Rat Rod Bikes"

Martin you are rockin the casbah my friend...ha ha.

We share a common bond....I too am a designer and am parked in front of a Mac all day.

Can't wait to see the final product.

P.S. running a MacPro with 23" Cinema Display and CS3....work is fun! :wink:

ehehehe I guess it's fun when you got the all new macpro !! arrrgh... I'm jealous now !
I "only" have a ageing G5 with dual 19" :cry: but CS3 too, which is just a bulletproof piece of software !
and the lil'macbook I'm doing stuff at home with... I'm almost done with the illustration... should be ready in less than an hour. I'll send you the .ai now I know you're the one that will be able to handle it :wink:

And thanx to you all for the nice comments !!

there goes :

rrb.jpg

and for those who like it, I accept donations (Brooks saddle, vintage frames, 24" rims...) and commissions ! eheheheheheh

Thx a lot Steve for that great forum you give us !!

Back