New Toy... Can You Help?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ya'll,

I just got a new toy:
99736.gif

Anybody here know how to use one that could answer some questions? I started trying to make some circles from 3/4 conduit, but I keep ending up with coils like on a spring, so the ends don't come together.

Maybe I am going too fast?

Where on the tubing to start? End or middle?

Should I need to tack on a T handle to keep the tubing from twisting?

Any help would be great.

Links to how to pages?

Thanks!

I have not used mine a whole lot but, I think if you stand so that you are looking down the length of the tube you can do a better job of keeping it straight. You can use one hand to crank the wheel and the other to keep the tub aligned. I have also read that it is a good idea to keep the tube/rollers really well oiled. I suppose that keeps the rollers from gripping the tube and twisting it. I also make marks on the tube with a Sharpe to help me with stop and start points. Watch out though, the oil will sometimes remove the marks. Hope some of this helps.

I was trying 1.5" and made lots of dog legs, it went back for a refund, I tried shimming the rollers and various techniques, just kept swingin to the side. I'm wishin ya better luck than I had.

Hey Ya'll,

I have figured out the roller, and I am having lots of fun with it! It really helps to have an extra set of hands, so I went to Zaphod Beeblebrox's doctor's office, and got a couple more attached. :mrgreen:

Actually thanks to friends Stefon, Queena, Dawn, and Buhda for helping me with my UFO build project that I am working on. I made circles of steel out of 3/4" conduit to make the saucer shape. It is 9.5 feet in diameter at the largest circle.

I would recommend a Harbor Freight roll bender for the hobby builder. Yes it is a cheap tool, but with practice it is handy to have. With cheap tools I can build more bicycles.

Saw your sketch...........WILD......That would be like bending the tubing for 10 bikes. If it survives that, I'm buyin one! :lol:

Back