New to the scene, old to bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm Dave. I've been a bike industry guy on and off for roughly 12 years. IN the last 10 years I've been fabricating 4x4 stuff from cages, bumpers to suspension. After a few rides with my local club, Smokes & Spokes. I'm getting into cruisers. I have a few ideas. I'd like to build. One is a Flat track style bike, another is a stretch racer style. We'll see what transpires. I'd also really like to see some people frame jigs. I'd like to build something similar to this bike as my first scratch build. Anyone know who built it?
picture002.jpg

Thanks guys, this is an awesome site. Can't wait to throw my twist into some bikes.

I got myself a pair of triple clamp forks today. I"m most likely going to pull the cranks off my Haro so now I just need a frame, wheels, seat, tires, stem, bars and a chain.

My Electra coaster has been ordered, forks are off at the sandblaster, need to get a 1" T'hreadless headset and search thru my stuff for a stem. I"ll swap out the 1 piece cranks for the 3 piece ones off my BMX and be rolling.

Well my bike won't be here till thursday it looks like. So much for wednsday's night ride. I should make Bike party friday though. Today I met a fellow member down at Faber's a local shop only open on saturdays, it's more of a weekly bike yard sale. I took some pics of some nice old bikes. I'll post up later

Back