New Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are ya'll doing for rubber? Does Firestone or Goodyear etc. still make tires? I'm thinking not after a couple unsuccessful google searches.

So what do you like to put on your classic old bikes? Just not feeling the made in Tiawan tires on my vintage U.S. steel.

*I tried to search for a tire thread, but the search feature prevents me from doing so because "tire" is too common a term...even when restricted to title only. Go figure...

I know your pain. I too would prefer to put original American Made rubber on my Chicago Schwinns..... but unfortunately they are rather difficult to find. And of course I'd rather have good Tiawanese tires than no tires at all.

I got cheng-shin tires on Zoot.

They are real nice but uh...

Why did I have to buy those orental imports that were once made here..

They are like a Xerox machine...they copy everything.

There has been no U.S. bicycle tire manufacturing for a couple of decades now (probably longer). There are plenty of foreign made tires that use vintage U.S. tread patterns, and they are pretty cheap as well.Not a bad way to go, everybody will need to get used to buying some import products, just the way it is. Heck, I'll take a couple of nice foreign tires over a couple of sketchy vintage american ones anyday! And I will put all the money I saved to better use. :wink:

I just go to my LBS that is a very old place, and get NOS tires for $5-$10 :mrgreen:

Back