NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just picked one up today..its definitely a cheaper bike than what im use to but it should be fun to play with and good enough to ride on the local greenway. it is pretty light compared to other cruisers ive picked up.

196109_10150166144185879_558595878_8289759_2037911_n.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah nice XB. How are those things on handling and mileage? Pretty spunky?

well i put lowering springs and a rear sway bar on mine and it handles like a go cart..its a 5 speed and even though its only got a little over 100 hp its still pretty peppy i guess cause its geared pretty low..as far as gas mileage mine seems to get 29mph whether i drive it on the interstate or around town, i guess cause of the way its geared. ive owned a lot of cars and its been my favorite so far.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Nice XB!

Im too busy trying to buy some old bikes and random stuff to get one of these...
What do you guys think...Spring for one?

Hard not to, especially since they're on clearance now for 79 beans... I even started a thread in galleries for 'em. 8)

Just got my OP on Sunday. Ordered some Electra leather grips from Amazon. About to pull the trigger on a 3 speed rear tire conversion kit(Shimano/Nexus).

My front fork and front tire are way out of kilter. I'll need to address that next with a new fork and some more urban friendly 1.75 width tires (stock tires are 2.125 with paper-thin tubes).

Finally, I'm going with a US Army messenger bike theme. So it gets a coat of satin Army Green with some accent white US Army stickers once I've got the mechanics all done.

Anyone know where I can get some stickers?

Re: NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART

ratina said:
Those tires look interesting. I hate how they roll them up in a box, so hard to get seated properly. If anyone gets a pair I'd love to see them installed.

Never had a problem seating a folding tire, just put a few pounds air in the tube first, then seat the backside of the tire on the rim. Works like a charm, that's how I learned to seat tires back in the heyday of bmx, and it's how I seat every tire since. Truthfully them metal bead tires kinda suck compared to the modern nylon bead tire as the metal ones are lot more likely to snakebite the tubes in a sudden tire impact.

I got the last OP at my localy WM, Im realy liking the bike. I took everything apart and found it all well greesed.

I just saw a new 29er cruiser at Wally world. Looks to be about the same quality as the OP with one exception...the frame is BIG. Definitely a possible choice for the taller rider on a budget. $149 with a 20 buck gift card thrown in...
Untitled.jpg

Bigcam59 said:
I just saw a new 29er cruiser at Wally world. Looks to be about the same quality as the OP with one exception...the frame is BIG. Definitely a possible choice for the taller rider on a budget. $149 with a 20 buck gift card thrown in...

I saw these online, waiting and hoping one comes to the store, I think it's an excellent price for a 29er with coaster, regardless of brand.

ah you beat me to it Bigcam, I've been checking it out . that big frame is aluminum too! the 3 on display here have a sign on them that says pick me up, I'm light. but the no blah blah english guy put them up out of reach.

yoothgeye said:
Bigcam59 said:

I saw these online, waiting and hoping one comes to the store, I think it's an excellent price for a 29er with coaster, regardless of brand.

You can ship to your store for free! I will post pics when mine comes in. :D

schertztx said:
You can ship to your store for free! I will post pics when mine comes in. :D

Yeah, I bought a bike that was in stock at my store, but I had it shipped to store so they wouldn't "assemble" it for me back in December. Plus I had it shipped to the store in Virginia instead of here in North Carolina (I'm 10 minutes from the border) to save on the over 2% difference in sales tax.

I just seen the Onyx at my Walmart. They had at least 4 in stock. Luckily I was able to pull one out and sit on it. I WANT ONE! It looks like the stickers on the wheels come off, but not on the frame.

Latest posts

Back