New stretch owner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The local bike shop placed an order for my new bike 3 weeks ago and was to be ready for pick up last Friday. After some snafu with the company and his shop credit card being hijacked my bike wasn't shipped. Last Friday he offered me a Phat Stretch as a loaner until my bike was delivered and ready for pick up tomorrow or Saturday. I've been riding it and it rides like a dream. He offered to replace the plain black single speed Dyno look-a-like bike with a custom painted 3 speed Nexus Phat Stretch with 24 x 3 tires and front disk brake.

Going from this
Stretch.png

To this
IMG_0176.jpg

i would have liked to keep the springer, but that's a trade i'd have made any day of the week. hope you enjoy it.

Sup "Mastec"... "RightOn" man......if I was in your shoes ?? I'll have done the same...any plans on customizing that Phat stretch?? Or just enjoy the Ride man... Anyways congrats on your spankin new ride :mrgreen:

I've only had it for 6 days so far so I'm not modding or upgrading anything right now. I'm just going to enjoy cruising for now and make a list to work from as I go. I was kind of looking forward to the springer as well but the triple tree works for me too. As a promotional thing I get a free set of tires with the purchase of a new bike so I may go with white tires when he gets them in. Although I do sort of like the tires that are on it. May just get them to get them and have them around if I want to change.

I've never seen that Phat bike before - that is hot. If that tank is metal that is a great candidate for a motorized conversion. Do you know what the Phat normally sells for and possibly the name of the shop you got it from? That bike is way too cool - I want one. Have Fun riding that! Robert

The tank is metal and the shop is Indian Rocks Beach Bicycles located in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida along the Gulf. I have no clue what they normally sell for.

I went to the Phat website and they list the bike, but not with the custom paint job and front disc brake. Sometimes things not working out the way you plan them is to your advantage. I'd say you definitely got the better end of the deal and probably helped them out too. Have Fun! Robert

Yea, he added the front brake. Rather than take it off he said he'd leave it on and install a caliper and brake lever. I thought "COOL". LOL Same with the wheel set and tires. His Phat stretches come in with 26" wheels and 26 x 2.125 tires. He added the 24 x 3 for customization. I'm not gonna argue.

Back