New Project For Spring

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought her from the Target i work at for $30 on clearence! just gonna add a bent springer and remove the fenders and call it a day i think. when i get bored i will tear her down and paint her up, but until then she's gonna stay red and white.

sorry for the fuzzy pic, my cell doesn't take the best pics. hahaha

l_b5bb0c3384a74f65b903017709e67930.jpg

DANG! guess i need to check my local Target more often for clearenced bikes like that!

Easy E

That's a sweet deal. They have the bikes on clearance at the garden center at our local Walmart that kids have ridden all over the store and scratched up. They usually sell them for about 50% off.

i did some work last night. didn't do much still trying to get a feel for what i 100% want to do. but i started taking her apart, and i ordered the 13" apes.

i want to try the back end flip on this bike but i think i might wait till warmer weather so i can work outside to do that. i'm only in the basement right now.

I finally got around to workin on this build. I've been picking up Criagslist bikes, fixing them and reselling them. While doing that i was working on my other bike... "bipolar" (see intro thread).

so anyway... now i'm workin on this one. I'm thinking of the name "Davey Jones' Locker" and airbrusing pirate zombies on the tank (when i do one) and fenders.

anyway....

so i unlaced the front wheel and sprayed the rim red...then with the help of this forurm i relaced and trued her up. THANKS FOR THAT!!! it's going to help me 2 more times. (yes... bike is going to be a trike). my 26" bent springer came in today so i ran downstairs and intalled it. i used the bars and neck off Bipolar to use as a "mock up" to see if that's the size i want. and it is... so i just need chrome ones. i have a trike setup but it's for a 24" wheel and looks like it was run over and repaired so i'm cutting it up and making it work for the 26 and instead of bolting it up i'm moving the seat post back and re-working the whole rear of the bike. but that's not till i get a decent welder... the one i have now is horrible. but enough typing...

l_4d3a2238f8724f09b0329fe7ad80a173.jpg

l_59eac834de214e9093558609e3ff84a5.jpg

l_91cc92518ac34caa88cdd68d47247267.jpg

I was relacing the rear wheel a couple days ago and the Bad Religion song "Drastic Actions" came on... and i forgot how much i love that song, so i named the bike Drastic Actions.

here's a couple more pics.... this was after the first ride of the season. i live 2 minutes from a bike path that i pretty much live at during the summer either on my rollerblades or bikes.

l_6484fb46eb6e4e63a48b0f2c2a6286dc.jpg

l_b34a5110163a4664b266c8c7ad092f16.jpg

and here she is strapped in for the trip to the path. first bike i actually had to drop the gate to fit.
l_06d2cfbc47a54ca7800b616c63b16fc5.jpg

Vinnie

p.s.
proper pictures will be taken soon... i just never have a real camera when i need one.

Latest posts

Back