New on the block

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a banged up construction worker kinda working towards rehab.
Doing my best to learn some new skills since I'll be unable to get back into construction again. I wish to learn precision welding.
I have gotten here by way of Motoredbikes, Bentrideronline, and the Longevity Freeweldingforum which has a moderator very active in recumbents. I began a longbike project, then discovered an HT basketcase on craigslist offered by a college student.
ALWAYS help college students! They shall be our future.

My pile of bikes to recycle will now fit in a pickup truck.
The last pile, when our boys were younger, was 3 longbed pu trucks full, then some.

I read the sticky abt a build contest, but have NO intentions of running a stock/storebought frame. I'd like to build a motor assisted bicycle along the lines of a JDCA. Problem is, bicycle frames are designed to pedal, and motor mounting is too high center of gravity and stoopid chain runs with a buzzing hornet's nest in your lap, maybe with a smokin hot stinger attached! With a BTR design, pedals are NOT really meant to be used. To put off the inevitable day in court, I'd like to have usable pedals, and mount the HT motor effectively.
We'll see if I can pull it off !

This is what I had when I was a kid... bought totally thrashed for $9 at a cop auction, I stripped it down to basics and added apes and the biggest goosneck Pep Boys sold. Kept the plush seat & balloons! Put many, many miles on it for a city kid...

columbia_bicycle.jpg

Best
rc

Back