New(old) stuff I drug home.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been riding past this house with old bikes rotting into the ground for 15 years. Today as I rode by there was a truck in the drive. It was the first time I had seen a vehicle there in over 5 years. So I stopped and asked if they wanted to part with the old bikes out back. His response was "fur ten bucks you can have um all" So I told him I would be back in 10 minutes with my truck and he was tickled to death. Said he had been moving them to mow for 20 years :shock: They are not anything special but they will be :roll: The ten speed had a vintage SW speedo on it (only thing on it of interest to me) The bike that I plan to restore of this group is the "Ben Hur" It was built here in Indiana and thought I should save its live. I have never heard of the company so any info would be great. Here is the new finds as found:
0715091802.jpg

Ben Hur
BIKES007.jpg

Schwinn Hollywood
BIKES003.jpg

Fairway Flyer
BIKES010.jpg

Sears free spirit
BIKES002.jpg

Huffy Marathon
BIKES005.jpg

I also picked up a huffy desperado and this little gem
BIKES001.jpg

I think I may have a problem... but I'm no quitter so no support groups for me lol!

DAAAANG! what a steal! some great parts and pieces in there. im from indiana too but never heard of ben hur. im in fort wayne. wheres your bed at?

Ben Hur-(M) Central Cycle Manufacturing Company, Indianapolis IN, 1891-1898
That is all I have found about them. However. I have seen other peoples bike posted with dates as high as 1929.

Back