new member, new ride, Bare Metal Madness

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Rodders -- Here are some pics from my rat rod inspired '38 Hawthorne, "Bare Metal Madness." Lots of great features on this bike including some one-off metal work. Pre-war Wards Hawthorne frame, Shelby Durante springer, plasma-cut flame insert and drop outs, Nexus 3-speed hub, alloy wheels with retro tires, skull head badge and more. Clear coat finish. Check out the pedals, too. Let me know what you dudes think.

This is my first posting so I hope I got the link right....

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm277/KickBackHub/

http://photobucket.com/BareMetalMadness

Unfortunately, this bike was completed last month which makes it ineligible for the 2008 build off. My loss, your gain, cause this ride would have kicked all your butts in the contest.

So I'm throwin down the challenge now boys. My '08 contest build is on a stand in my shop. You're gonna have to do more than paint that old bike... get out the torch and grinder, shop the shows, BE original!

Seriously, I love these things and all you guys do good work. What a fun hobby!

See you at the build off!!

MARK D.

FINALLY !!! gettin some MAD SKILZ around here again :wink:

nice custom, really like the tank too !! but theres also a few here original enough to give ya a run for your money :mrgreen: see ya at the build off !!!

KickBackHub said:
My '08 contest build is on a stand in my shop. You're gonna have to do more than paint that old bike... get out the torch and grinder, shop the shows, BE original! MARK D.
well.......
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1491
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7473
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7153
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6834
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7355
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7257
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7041
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7272
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7392
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5826
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7173
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7191
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7178
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7225
shall i keep going??
MAD SKILLZ....... almost forgot about that :wink:

weve got almost 3 years of bikes :mrgreen:

Sensor with the "gumption"....laying it down! I really dig the skills my friend, but the guys here have that covered. Welcome as a brother and friend...if it's about attitude though....move on.

I'd rather simply paint that old bike and enjoy the ride with friends,

....than wield a mean plasma torch and be lonely.

Seriously - I really like your bike.....thanks!

nah...wasnt meant as a bash or trash.......just letting him know that theres a HUGE amount of people here that have created some seriously great bikes(the ones i posted were just the cut and weld ones that came to mind.......theres way too many noncut and weld to list unless i quit my job for the next year or so :!: )

Welcome to the forum.

We are a humble bunch here...that's how we all stay friends.

And believe it or not...there are a few folks around these parts that are handy with a grinder and welder. :wink:

Very cool bike!

KickBackHub said:
Unfortunately, this bike was completed last month which makes it ineligible for the 2008 build off. My loss, your gain, cause this ride would have kicked all your butts in the contest.

MARK D.

I really like your bike!........It's a nice 5th place bike. You should be proud of it! :lol:

I knew you guys would be vocal and put me in my place....!!

I was only foolin' -- but I know a challenge always brings out the best in creative types. And I can see you are a talented and skewed bunch. :mrgreen:

I am pleased to be part of this band of bike thieves.

For you MIDWEST guys the September HUNNERT Car Pileup in Joliet is a very cool rat rod car show and there are many bikes there....

KickBack

hahaha we were only foolin too :) kinda :)
I hope to be at the pile up too!

It's all in "fun",....glad your here. .....Oh yeah, sorry about the 5th place comment, it truly is at least a 3rd place bike! :wink:

Back