New Member Introduction.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salutations, all. My name is Chamus and I've been looking through the forum for a bit now, so I figured I would register and introduce myself. I believe I can manage that much, as it's not the first Forum to which I've belonged.

I come (originally) from a rural village in Northeastern Pennsylvania, in a region populated primarilly by immigrants. Presently however, I find myself living (usually) in Clermont Florida's rural area. Nice place, but my Irish genetics prevent me from actually stepping foot in the sun without long sleeves and a hat.

I spend more time working on cars than bicycles and have plenty of hobbies above and beyond that, but after some thought, I realized I hadn't had a pedal-bicycle since I was about eight. I added a 45cc Homelite chainsaw engine to it and that was that.

So I just sort of decided that I should have a bicycle and went on my way making it so. Since then, I've managed to get it together and actually use it to run to the home improvement or auto parts stores or even take outgoing shipments to the post office. Likewise, I just enjoy riding it general and cruise around on it or take it out with friends to whatever pub or restaurant we decide to ride to.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to actually being able to post and ask questions now, on top of it being easier to enjoy the work you fine lads have done. I will be posting a thread with some photographs of my bicycle shortly, I just have to...actually get some photographs...

Thank you, Luke.

I am still trying to get those snapshots, but the fact that it is Florida and therefore, it rains like revelations nearly 85% of the time, I have not really been out on my bicycle or even had it out of the garage. This same weather often sets car-related projects behind, as it did with my doing the bike as well.

The best I have is this, which is essentially the only photograph of the bike, which was merely done to send to a friend when she inquired about the electronics.

electronics_zps443a7a38.jpg

Back