New member in Spokane

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to tinker, and bikes are a great outlet! I started out with the 1960 Schwinn (Tiger? Speedster?) I got in a pickup load of junk bikes. I've been running around the neighborhood with it for two years now.

IMG_0486.jpg

Then I put together the Western Flyer for my mom. It's powder coated, lots of stock parts (fenders, stem, wheels, seat from the aftermarket), Schwinn bars, rack from another rust bucket, vinyl pinstriping, it's a sweet ride.

before
1228091459.jpg

After
CIMG1406.jpg

Now I've got several other projects. Some for my kids (mini AMF Roadmaster [have everything but the wheels], Fastback [that's all I got of it], two Schwinn girls frames [complete except wheels] - and I only have two kids!! :shock: ) and three for me! :mrgreen:
IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

The red frame is destined to be a board track. I have the skip tooth crank for it, but that depends on if I can find the corresponding wheel sprocket and chain.

Not sure what direction the blue cantilever frame will head, but it'll probably be pretty ratty.

The straight tube Windsor frame will be a chopped, ultra low bike. at least that's the plan... we'll see how that goes!

happy to have found this place, looking forward to posting progress pics!

heath

awesome and welcome. do you do the rides in wa... we have a small monthly ride in the tri-cities in richland. last sunday every monthe. I love the first one you built with apes. here is my 46 cwc bike I built with apes. love it.

donefornow_zps64f40f25.jpg

I don't get to tri-cities much, but i'll keep that in mind! sounds like fun!

Back