New guy on here, Jayman from Valparaiso, In

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a 53 Schwinn (I think), not sure what model though. It has twin straight bars under the top tube. Got it from a guy downtown Chicago. He says his cousin bought an old Hotrod shop in Chicago and the bike was left in there when the previous owners left. I dont know who built it, but I love it! The collector would cringe as the seat has been fabbed and welded to the frame, but the springs still give the seat some bounce. Rides real nice and low. Love to hear any feedback. Thanks, :p Jay

Still trying to figure out how to post some pics. I dont have any on flicker or photobucket. Hope to post one soon. :mrgreen:

Check it!
cafeschwinn.jpg

Newer pic taken today, put a white wall tire on the rear and dyed the seat a shade darker brown, Had to replace the chain....It was toast!
Picture359.jpg

nice !looks like a middle wieght schwinn tornado frame to me, with a different model front fork,the correct front s-7 wheel and a rear schwinn s-2,what did you use too dye the seat ?,,i like it.. 8)

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
nice !looks like a middle wieght schwinn tornado frame to me, with a different model front fork,the correct front s-7 wheel and a rear schwinn s-2,what did you use too dye the seat ?,,i like it.. 8)
I used some Shoe Shop leather dye, took 2 coats. It darkened it up to the color brown that I was going for luckily. Thanks for the Info, I was wondering about the Tornado.

Markm said:
hey....did I get a Hawthorne from you???? C/L trade?
No, was'nt me. I have only lived here for about 2 years. This is my first vintage bike, lovin it!

Hey Jay, There are a number of people who post from your area. I'm not too far away up in Holland MI. Welcome to the forum. Nice bike. Brian

Greystoke said:
Hey Jay, There are a number of people who post from your area. I'm not too far away up in Holland MI. Welcome to the forum. Nice bike. Brian
I drive through Holland on my way to my Grandparents place up in Traverse City, Small world. :D

Back