New guy in CT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello people... My name is Chris, I am 27 yo and live in southern CT. I have been into bikes since I could see and talk. Took off training wheels at three and got into 20" bmx bikes as a kid. I always rode them in the woods on singletrack, referring to mountain bikes as lame. As I got older got into Mountain bikes and a little into road bikes. I am a professional bike mechanic and pizza chef. I love bikes of all kinds. The bike I have that would interest most of you guys is an old rollfast space racer deluxe. I just got the thing and don't know much about it, like the year or anything.... Just stumbled onto this site, I think it's pretty cool!!!

Cool the Broken Spoke. I haven't been there since it was Bully Dog Bike (or something like that) That's where I first saw Electra bikes. Love em. Where do you cook the pizza? I'm in East Haven, so if it's not Modern or Tolli's you won't see me. :wink: :)

I make pizza at Lamonaco's in Northford. I have worked there for 12 years... I used to work for Bully Dog Bikes, I helped the old owner open the place. Now I am a manager with the new owner. We LOVE old bikes here and have some great customers with some cool old and new bikes!!! We are "The dirty little bike shop on the backside of a clean green."

hmmm ... I will have to come over and introduce myself. I've been going to Devil's Gear because they are so close to me. Zane's occasionally (I went to high school with Chris) when Devil's Gear doesn't have something in stock. Do you do any casual group rides out in Guilford?

Not yet for cruisers, I would like to start one though. I am also looking into starting a bike show/ swap on the Guilford green. Let me know what days and times a good for you to go for a cruise. I have a strange schedule.

I'll keep you posted on my ride schedule. There is a ride Saturday up in Northampton, MA. I really want to go but will be working. LOADS of FUN!! there is a link in here somewhere. two guys here at work are going plus a bunch of guys I met at the Monson Swap meet.

Working on pics very soon !!!!!!! The Rollfast Space racer deluxe has been getting ridden just about every day, since it has been made into a fishing bike. I also just got an old mystery twin top tube 28" wheel bike that will be a project !!! Also, I have been thinking about a Thursday night cruiser ride on the first thursday of every month at 7 pm from the broken spoke. If this sounds good I'll post it with the group rides !!

Back