New guy from Holland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there.

I've been watching the ratrodbikes website for months , mostly reading all the threads in the homebuilt bikes.
I was inspired by 'uncle stretches' looptails and Atomiczombies. Soon after that no bike near me was safe anymore.
Ive got a flux core welder, the infamous harbor freight tube kinker( wich works pretty well with some mods on it), a yamaha angle grinder and some various tools. All my work is done without jigs in my back garden. The bikes in this post are from old to new. The start of my new project is my avatar pic. The pohtos included in this post are past projects

Thank you guys for the interest in my builds :)
I'm almost finished with my latest build.
I somehow reinvented the use of a rear deraileur as a chain tensioner to convert a 7 speed casette to a fixed gear and more of that kind of stuff.(pics willl follow later, its 1.15 AM right now)
You will sure hear a lot more from me very soon.

Welcome to RRB. I didn't realize they had Harbor Freight in Europe. Surprised the pipe bender isn't safety orange.

Indeed,we dont have a harbor freight over here, it's the same model as the orange one tough. :blush:
This thing makes pretty nice bends when you take your time for it

Hey hallo! Meer Nederlanders hier! Waar kom je vandaan?

Mooi project ben je aan het maken!

(Or in english: Hey there! More Dutch people out here! Where are you from?

Nice project you're doin!)

Well, my welding wire finally came in, with a set of grey fat frank tires ( oh ,did i mention i absolutely love these things) :) the tires only costed me 30 euro ( 41 dollar)
Well, the bike is finished, i wil get some pics for you guys, its been pretty nice weather.

I promised you some pics of the chain tensioner, but it somehow couldnt withstand the forces in this position. What i did instead is shorten the chain and put it in 10th gear. (2nd gear on the front and 6th in the back). Its pretty fast in this configuration.
Well, if you ever walk into a problem with not having flat steel, just get a big hammer and a big old vice to flatten the ends of your round tubing like that. it 's alot easier to weld. I gt this idea from watching the frame of a so called ' dutch granny bicycle' .And of course i cleaed it up before welding :cool:

@ArcoNL Hey, ik kom uit tilburg. Tof om hier een landgenoot tegen te komen.

(and the english translation) im from the city called tilburg, nice to see a builder from my country too !

Back