NEW GUY from Deep South NJ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all -
New member from Cumberland County, New Jersey. I like middleweight cruisers and ballooner bikes, both original, patina'd and rat-rod style. I own a decent April 1963-built 26" Schwinn Fleet, mostly original except for aftermarket fat wide whites. I bought it this past summer in memory of a hacked, tankless '65 Fleet with chrome fenders I rescued out of my best friend's yard when I was 13. That bike got stolen when I carelessly left it out overnight on the back porch. Also picked my girl up a turquoise and white '65 Huffy Eldorado bike with a tank/headlight set-up. Mostly original. Needs some clean-up work and some new tires and grips - it's my winter project. I might be tempted to purchase a rather local early-60's red and white 26" boy's Eldorado that's pretty clean and rather cheap. I also like Spaceliners - I'm sure one will fall in my lap ONE day. Bikes are just one of my many hobbies and interests. I attached a pic of my Fleet below.

newhat137.jpg

That Fleet is nice. But SpaceLiners ROCK!!! I've had a few, still have 2, and I'm waiting on my 3rd... but Welcome! You're among friends here. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the kind comments! BrigmasterA, if you'd like to "get rid" of one of your unwanted Spaceliners then I wouldn't mind being the recipient. They do have great lines and cool tanks. Do you have any pics of yours?

Hey there Jersey guy.. How south are you? Pass Atlantic City?

Well, I don't have any I wanna get rid of right now... But here's a link to the one i put together for the build-off
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9408
And here's the one I recently sold... Actually its a link to my wife and my bikes... Like I said I sold the spaceliner, and her green bike is now black and white...
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8684
My other to 'Liners are currently in project status. One's a chrome framed model, and the other one is painted black. The black one is gonna become a stretched model, just for fun. But I bought my chrome one from Rat Rod on here, so they're around and reasonably priced compared to some of the things that say Schwinn on them that I've seen... So just keep your eyes peeled. :mrgreen:

In fact here's one on the forum right now.
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11028

Thanks all for the nice words. Brigmaster, thanks for the lead on the cool Spaceliner. I have already left that gentleman a message. Your have quite the collection, I especially like your girl's bike, the Hawthorn. Very nice, indeed.

FaceOFF - I'm down in Cumberland County, closer to Cape May the A.C. I am about 10 minutes away from Millville, if you are aware of where that is.

Are there many of us NJ guys around this forum? I was hoping there was some bike shows or rides that were relatively local.

cheesegrabber6 said:
Thanks all for the nice words. Brigmaster, thanks for the lead on the cool Spaceliner. I have already left that gentleman a message. Your have quite the collection, I especially like your girl's bike, the Hawthorn. Very nice, indeed.

FaceOFF - I'm down in Cumberland County, closer to Cape May the A.C. I am about 10 minutes away from Millville, if you are aware of where that is.

Are there many of us NJ guys around this forum? I was hoping there was some bike shows or rides that were relatively local.
Mill where? lol and I think there is a good 7 or 8 of us from nj.. lol

cheesegrabber6 said:

south jersey I'm like 25 mins from millville a friend of mind has a custom motorcycle shop there.Millvilles a real artsy place well half of it anyway

Welcome!
Im from jersey too.I live in south jersey.Nice bike.I love cruisers!

Welcome! Love your Fleet! Rode mine to work today and I think it's one of my smoothest rides!(outta 16 :roll: ) Also was'nt there an SNL skit where the catch phrase was-Your from Jersey? :lol:
L8 EM

Not sure.

But "More Cowbell" is better. :lol:

Back