new guy found 4 old bikes & this site!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found four old bikes in my Mom's garage two weeks ago and then found your forum with its cool topics and pics. I want to learn more about vintage bikes and bike hobbyists, find a good home for these bikes and/or bike parts I found, and make some cash in the process.

My favorite bike was my early 80's California Mongoose that I got as a gift (used) in junior high and sold a few years later to a guy who had a son a few years younger. I know it is a BMX and not a Rat Rod, but it was pretty sweet, trust me. I haven't ridden bikes much since then.

I hope you guys will help me figure out what I found in Mom's garage. The bikes were there before she bought the place in 1974. I have already done some major Internet research, including lots of cool info from this site! Thanks! 8)

Looks like you found the right place ! Welcome :D

Here's the junk I found! Let me know what you think. Topic links are noted. Thanks for the warm welcome!

'49 Schwinn B6 - Men's Ballooner ser # F024815
1949SchwinnB6.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34894

'50s (Bauer?) Jet - Ladies 26" Middleweight - YEAR??? ser # 497178
Jet0.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34896

'61 Murray (Flightliner?) - Ladie's 26" Middleweight ser # MOT 27 457337
Murray1.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34938

'63 Huffy (model/style?) - Men's 26" Middleweight ser # 3H080663
Huffy1.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34951#p341382

NOT JUNK!its far better than what i have :mrgreen: lucky.WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kool Find ,,It looks like the Mens Mid Weight Huffy Has the Inter Hub that is A Schwinn Fore Brake<Expander Brake --If So Great part and Wanted.Check it Out.If it is it will Says Schwinn on it..Enjoy your Finds.VBC

Good eye on the Schwinn wheel! Another RRB user caught that in the discussion topic for that Huffy. The close-up pic is here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34894#p341659. I'm not a bike hobbyist, I was just lucky to find these bikes. The bikes and/or parts will be sold to enthusiasts, collectors, dealers, etc. I am still learning. Thanks for the info! 8)

Back