new from IL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just joined since I am always looking at pictures anyways!

I am currently looking for parts for my klunker. Anyone know of a 1" fork that can use disc?
IMG_20130221_150531_zpsd8fd305c.jpg

Thanks, it is no where near done. Looking for a fork, bmx crank, possibly a coaster rear hub.

They are never done.

Welcome aboard! that Klunker is nicely done!
Not sure about your fork question, I know you can buy the brake mounting plates and weld them on to standard forks, but it would be a shame to do that on those blade forks you have there...

Luke.

jats said:
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=6995&category=704

this will get you to an 1 1/8th cyclocross fork. depending on cups tube size etc you might get it to work with a coaxing. you should be able to run a 26X1.95 to a 2.25 on it but I would check first. hope this helps

Welcome!
Troy

I might have to go this route, thanks!

LukeTheJoker said:
Welcome aboard! that Klunker is nicely done!
Not sure about your fork question, I know you can buy the brake mounting plates and weld them on to standard forks, but it would be a shame to do that on those blade forks you have there...

Luke.

I wont be modifying these forks, they are way too flexy to use for this build.

Hey!

Welcome to RRB. You are the second guy I have run into via Craigslist and then seen on the forum this week! Madtek is the other. Hopefully I'll be seeing you up in Madison soon.

As for your fork question, I know you can find triple trees with disc tabs. I seem to remember a 26" bmx cruiser fork that has a tab, but I don't recall where. You could always go with a Sturmey-Archer drum up front.

slacker said:
Hey!

Welcome to RRB. You are the second guy I have run into via Craigslist and then seen on the forum this week! Madtek is the other. Hopefully I'll be seeing you up in Madison soon.

As for your fork question, I know you can find triple trees with disc tabs. I seem to remember a 26" bmx cruiser fork that has a tab, but I don't recall where. You could always go with a Sturmey-Archer drum up front.

Very cool! Hopefully we can work somethin out.

I did think about the drum brake hub and thats still a possibility. I also looked at those forks but they look too walmartish to me. No offense to anyone with walmart stuff, its just not the direction I want to go with this klunker.

slacker said:
Hey!

If memory serves Chubby's cruisers have the disk adapter plates for the monarch forks

Back