New Felt Bikes--Sweet!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a new Red Baron for Europe.
Red_Baron_2012_Large.jpg

I just took delivery of my new Abraham Linkage. I bought it directly from their web site. It is a beautifully crafted piece, and looks sturdy as a truck. I'm waiting on some other stuff to get here, and when it does I'll start my Dyno project. I'll post some pics in the Builds section once I get started. As far as the Felt customer service goes, my experience was good, and bad. The bad part was they got my order mixed up, and sent me a saddle instead of the fork. (Someone also ordered a saddle, and got a fork instead. Cool surprise for that guy, huh?) I called the 800 number, and they took care of everything. Penny at the internet order desk was especially helpful, and very pleasant to deal with. Mistakes happen. The folks at Felt were great about getting it straightened out. Despite the mistaken order I'd give them high marks for service, and would be glad to business with them again.

Oh- the guy who got the fork by mistake returned it. Good for him.

JWM

Wow that Deep Six is so much prettier in the photo than the drawing. That's a new frame right? Does anyone know if they will be using that frame for any other bikes?

has anyone seen an actual photo of the new Beaumont? I am betting it looks better than the drawing. I am thinking there's one of the Beaumonts in my future. So does Felt still make the Red Baron for the European market? I like the little changes they have made to it through the years. I used to have an '05 Red Baron.

That certainly is a new frame. It looks like the new “Red Baron” will be using the new frame.
Rhetorical question . . . would you pay $749.99 for one of those? It sure is a good lookin’ bike!
Would you pay $799.99 for one of those if it were equipped with Abraham linkage?
Those plain, tubular forks are definitely sturdy enough, but to me, they scream cheapness! They are just like the ones on a $89 Wallyworld bike.
If Felt would ramp-up production of Abraham Linkage forks to use on those new models, it would drop the price for the forks to how much they used to be. The new Felt bikes are nice, but they NEED the Abraham Linkage! ( and we need to be able to buy those forks at a reasonable price :wink: )

Fireproof said:
That certainly is a new frame. It looks like the new “Red Baron” will be using the new frame.
Rhetorical question . . . would you pay $749.99 for one of those? It sure is a good lookin’ bike!
Would you pay $799.99 for one of those if it were equipped with Abraham linkage?
Those plain, tubular forks are definitely sturdy enough, but to me, they scream cheapness! They are just like the ones on a $89 Wallyworld bike.
If Felt would ramp-up production of Abraham Linkage forks to use on those new models, it would drop the price for the forks to how much they used to be. The new Felt bikes are nice, but they NEED the Abraham Linkage! ( and we need to be able to buy those forks at a reasonable price :wink: )
I agree.
That fork kills it for me. Hopefully the production bikes will have the nice tapered leg fork that was on the last generation aluminum frames.
Do they really need the extra five bucks profit from using that cheap generic fork? I'm beginning to think they're just mailing in some of the current designs (ex: Shelby -the white Slater).:roll:

You're right Tater, The tapered leg fork didn't make the transition from illustration to production! Felt blew it . . . I sure hope Felt appreciates us FREE “armchair” designers! :lol:
Hey Steve . . . on the photo of the red “#6", did ya notice the lettering on the white Thick Bricks? 8)

You guys are right, that front end needs a springer. I love those abraham forks but yeah the price is bogus. If they made the deep six closer to the same price as the 1903 and added a 3 speed hub, it would make more sense price-wise.

Finally !!! My Deep 6

After months of waiting I just picked up my new Deep 6, what a beauty. Here's a few pics:

Unfortunately you can't use the bars inverted because the grips have metal ends and line up perfectly with the tank - bummer. You can be extremely careful with the bars inverted but eventually you're going to get bit. Not taking any chances.

Congrats. That Deep Six is mighty fine.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy it? My local dealer has couple on order and, as of this week, Felt is still telling them that they don't have them in the US yet. Obviously that is not the case as evidenced by your sweet machine sitting right here in the U-S-of-A.

Hey Tater, I was actually going to email you with that info because I've noticed you follow (and own) Felt bikes. Sorry but I've been quite busy and didn't get to it. From what I understand there were four in Ontario at Felt on Friday but whether they are still there is doubtful. I had two Florida dealers searching for me but Keith at "Bikes and More" in Gainesville came through. http://bikesandmoregainesville.com/ . They actually shocked me because the other dealer I was talking to told me it would be a few weeks yet. The bike is really something, and like I said, I've been busy and haven't been able to ride it very much. Thanx for the comment. :D

Glad to hear it. I'll look forward to your pics. Of course you may already have it since I just noticed your post today(Sat).

I really want a felt hydroform tank bike, but have yet to even see one in the flesh. Justin from Felt tells me the canvas frame kit only comes with the original box shaped tank, NOT available in the new curved frame like the Deep Six and Bonneville. The kit is a total rip off anyway compared to their prices on whole bikes. I really like the Deep Six (minus the single speed hub and price tag), then the Slater, and the Chief. I know I'd be spending more $$ modifying any one of them be it hubs, shifters, forks or brakes to suit my needs. The bigger problem is that Felt quit returning my emails (2 of 3), my LBS has no cruisers and claims Felt wont take orders and will not have any cruisers available until this July. I'm not sure if he is blowing smoke up my chimney or not. How does anyone find or buy a felt cruiser? CL and ebay have New Belgium models frequently, but I really just want what I want. Frusterated.

retread said:
I really want a felt hydroform tank bike, but have yet to even see one in the flesh. Justin from Felt tells me the canvas frame kit only comes with the original box shaped tank, NOT available in the new curved frame like the Deep Six and Bonneville. The kit is a total rip off anyway compared to their prices on whole bikes. I really like the Deep Six (minus the single speed hub and price tag), then the Slater, and the Chief. I know I'd be spending more $$ modifying any one of them be it hubs, shifters, forks or brakes to suit my needs. The bigger problem is that Felt quit returning my emails (2 of 3), my LBS has no cruisers and claims Felt wont take orders and will not have any cruisers available until this July. I'm not sure if he is blowing smoke up my chimney or not. How does anyone find or buy a felt cruiser? CL and ebay have New Belgium models frequently, but I really just want what I want. Frusterated.

Try Motostrano.com for felt cruisers. You may get lucky and they will sell you one. They use to sell them online, but was told by Felt to knock it off because local dealers were complaining. That's rich considering Felt is hit or miss as to whether their dealers get anything. I've had one of the Deep-6 models on order since October 2011. They keep telling my local dealer that a pair of them are being shipped in their current order only to never show. Steer clear of Felt if you have a low frustration threshold. I love their cruisers and own a mess of them and can say from firsthand experience that frustration is all you will get. Find what you can on CL and EBay. By the way, the only way to get that new style frame is to buy a Deep-6 that Felt doesn't have to ship to their dealers. :roll:

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Thanks Tater, sounds like I might have to start with a roller from CL and take the bike where I want to from there. I'll try to pester the motostranos folks, I've looked at their site before, but doubt they'll bend the rules for me. If you ever feel like parting ways with any from your stable let me know :wink:

Eric, that sucks that they still have you waiting for the deep-6, only if they knew that you are probably their best felt cruiser customer.

I want a deep-6 as well, but that seems like something that is going to take a while around my area too.

By the way Eric, if you still need some Red Baron style fenders let me know and I'll ship them over to you.

Back