New car (attempted) purchase.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, how weird is this-

long story short, we ink a deal on a new honda crv for my wife. it's due at the dealership in a couple of days. After 3 weeks and a bunch of oddball excuses ranging from the tsunami to midwest flooding we're told by the new car manager that he has some 'unfortunate' news- the car has been badly damaged in a rail car loading incident in chicago and 'won't be showing up'.

plan b? well we can pick a different color but 'things have changed' and he can't (won't) sell it to us at the same price......

safe to say i'm not too thrilled with the customer service at 'go honda' in westminster colorado....

And do not buy anything from them. Sounds like a new (or not so new?) take on 'bait and switch' which would be good cause to report them to the better buiseness bureau and anyone else you can think of, including Honda North America, and, depending on truth in advertising laws in your state, perhaps the Attorney General's office.
I hate dishonest buisnesses

If you buy a car, after 3 days you can't back out of the deal. That should work both ways. If you press the issue, it's possible they will get you the vehicle for the agreed on price (their original deal) but they would remember you when it came time for servicing or anything. So I would let everyone know about their failure to honor their own deal.
I just traded in the old truck on a new F150. I got the cheapest one with the V6 but the gas mileage is just as good as my little truck and I can haul 3 times as many bikes in this new truck.

30seqdh.jpg

In my business, if I fail to meet delivery or it is late, the customer can buy elsewhere. And I am responsible for any extra cost that he had replacing my product.

Write to them and tell everyone you know (facebook, twitter). Honda has a good reputation that they don't want tarnished. http://consumerist.com/company/honda/

Back