New build questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As this is my first bike build I really don't know where to begin with parts. My project is a Firestone super cruiser, not sure of the year but my question is who has parts for this bike? The handlebar stem broke in half and I need one asap...thanks for the help 14984329521811188076197.jpg

The Firestone could be made by any number of bicycle manufacturers through out the years, hard to tell who made your stem. Do you want a modern replacement to get her going, or a correct oem stem for a restoration? Best thing starting I guess, would be buy a digital caliper. Once you accurately the od of the stem and id of the steer tube you will know what will work and what will not. Modern-day replacements should be no problem acquiring, your going to have to search for proper period correct one. You'll use the calipers more then you know later on down the road.

The Firestone could be made by any number of bicycle manufacturers through out the years, hard to tell who made your stem. Do you want a modern replacement to get her going, or a correct oem stem for a restoration? Best thing starting I guess, would be buy a digital caliper. Once you accurately the od of the stem and id of the steer tube you will know what will work and what will not. Modern-day replacements should be no problem acquiring, your going to have to search for proper period correct one. You'll use the calipers more then you know later on down the road.
Does not have to be period correct..not looking to restore just want to get it going

Something happened to my phone and I can only see pics in 16 bit color, which means I can't see them very well.
But it looks like you might be able to replace the steering yolk, probably find one on the bay.

Is the monarch and the Firestone the same? The headbadge on mine says Firestone but the tank has the monarch emblems!

Latest posts

Back