New Boardtrack Build (mock up pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a set of the fat creme tires at 98 bucks and then seen yours were 1 3/8 i hope mine dont look stupid ,if so i guess ill go with the white ones i ordered for 50..GEEZ I thought this was a cheap hobby till i started trying to build 3 bikes at once and cant seem to make my mind up on what look i want..I really like the black one you did it looks killer. Keep up the great work.

It really looks good tiki. The fix for shortening the strutt rods was to thread some more and then cut off the same amount you took off of of the fork tube. the threads on the strutt rods are just 3/8 sae fine thread. A die is about $7 at the hardware store. They probably have a bottom race that was big enough to slide over the bottom part. Its turned out really good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow! Seriously. I had my doubts when I saw the Shogun frame but you did a great job. Looks like that Shogun may have some nice tubes to boot.

Uncle Stretch, Thats what I did.I went to Ace Hardware found out the right size die and rethreaded it. I havent cut off the excess yet,I didnt look close but I imagine it is probably near the bottom of the spring.I still need to take it all apart and grease the bearings and hook up the three speed. :wink:

Just make sure when you cut them off that you leave the nut on that way after you cut you can unscrew the nut and it will straighten up the threads. :wink:

looks great so far :mrgreen:
yeah those bars dont look right on that frame(the seat id honestly leave on there...just use a L post with it) and now heres my useless $.01
if you like punishment id do scallops like these...
http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/1307.htm
as for the bars id go with something like this but flipped....
http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/1303.htm
some of the after market middleweight bars have a very close profile to those and ive seen a bunch of wood grips on ebay recently thatd be perfect for this one

Well I had put this build on the backburner for awhile.I decided that I needed to get some things done around the house.Organizing, rebuilding closets shredding about 6 years of all old bills and medical paperwork (boxes and boxes :x )Anyways I pulled this bike out again, put on the new bars, greased it all up,started to hook up the 3 speed and realized that I really didnt like the cable and then couldnt belive that I had not given any thought to brakes.Ijust dont want it to be cluttered w/ cables. Luckily I have a single speed wheel already painted black that I can switch out.Now, I just dont like the size difference in the front fork and the narrow tire.The fork will accomodate a wide tire and may be put to better use on another build.I am thinking about putting the original forks back on, if I go this route I will probably put this one up for sale at our towns annual bike swap/fest.Maybe it will appeal to a fixed gear wannabe. 8)
10speed015.jpg

10speed016.jpg

10speed017.jpg

If i didnt get ride of finished projects, I'd never have room for more.

On a side not, what bars are those black ones? Sorry if you're already said.

tikiharl said:
The bars are just some "mustache" bars my local LBS had in thier fixed gear section. These were the cheapos, 15.00. They had a name on them but I scratched the finish up when installing, so I painted them. 8)

Dang. I am looking for some black annodized bars like that.

And here I thought road bike frames weren't good for building something cool out of! There's hope for every scrap-bound frame out there now! I love the olive color with the cream tires! ~Adam

Latest posts

Back