new bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P1010119.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010162.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010130.jpg

Hello everyone,
I have been viewing this site for quite some time now and decided to do a bike of my own. I believe it to be a Elgin or at least that is what I was told and I am going with it. The frame, seat, fork, goose neck, rear fender, and handle bars came to me as a very rusty set. I made the top gas tank and various other parts such as the velocity-stack and rear fin. As you can see the tank under the rear seat is for storage. The lights are functional and actuated by a toggle switch under the seat storage tank. The brake and clutch levers came from a high end early Fuji Mountain bike and were a great find for this project. I have no idea what kind of bike the chain guard came from but if any one can enlighten me I would appreciate it. I like the look of the chain guard and it too was a great find. The head light is a earlier Miller. The bike rides great and is very solid. Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I do.
Chuck
Atascadero, CA

Man i love it. That is beautiful..... Great job. I really like ALL the touches you have added to it. That seat pole is very nice, as is the tank and rear fin. And i like the rear storage which also allows you to have your seat up high for optimal pedalling while filling the gap and still looking very nice

Seeing as you have lightening holes throughout your bike, do you think lightening holes in the rear sprocket would look better, just a thought.

I commented on your bike in the Gallery but I continue to find things on it that arouse my curiosity. Did you make the layback seatpost from an electrical grounding rod?

harry76 said:
Man i love it. That is beautiful..... Great job. I really like ALL the touches you have added to it. That seat pole is very nice, as is the tank and rear fin. And i like the rear storage which also allows you to have your seat up high for optimal pedalling while filling the gap and still looking very nice

Seeing as you have lightening holes throughout your bike, do you think lightening holes in the rear sprocket would look better, just a thought.

Thanks for the remarks.
I am About six foot and can actually peddle the Bike too. My 14 year old looks better on it than I do considering that it is a boys bike,
Yes, I would like to do the rear sprocket too. I needs it.
Thanks again
Chuck

cobrafreak said:
Nice tank. How did you construct it?
Thanks
I made a wood bucks with a male and female form for the bottom. The bottom has a 3/8 inch lap joint and was welded to one solid wrap around piece. The top an noise peace were welded separately as were bosses for the attachments. I removed the fuel bung from the stock talk and welded it on too. I used a sealer for the integrity.
Chuck

The rseat post was from some 5/8 inch cold roll heated and bent with holed drilled and relieved.
wheelbender6 said:
I commented on your bike in the Gallery but I continue to find things on it that arouse my curiosity. Did you make the layback seatpost from an electrical grounding rod?

you sir are a bicycle ninja ! the tank is to cool. how did you do the petcock is their a nut welded to the tank?

dash said:
you sir are a bicycle ninja ! the tank is to cool. how did you do the petcock is their a nut welded to the tank?
The pet .... is threaded into a 1/8 in coupling braised into the tank.

Latest posts

Back