New bike, some ideas.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Schwinn Meridian trike will be in tomorrow. I'm not looking to customize it TOO much yet, but maybe just a few things at first. Firstly, what's a good site to order some nice custom seats and grips? Most sites I know of either have gear for mountain bikes or lowriders, not much for cruisers/trikes. Will probably add a chrome bullet light to the front to start with.

Also, I've seen them before but not sure what they're called, they go on the outside of a wheel and attach to the hub bolt and "spin" as you ride. I tried searching for "bicycle spinners" and couldn't find anything. Anyone know what they're called and where to get different styles of them? Most of the ones I've seen look like blades on a Roman chariot, I'm not sure I like that look but I think something like that could be cool.

Any other ideas to make this trike more stylish?

AAAADBik4L4AAAAAASib2Q.jpg

Those are Ok bikes, first thing Id do is leave the back fenders off of it, Ive dealt with 2 of them and the biggest problem is the seat and the fenders. The fender braces aint that strong so they often rub the tires and the seat is almost impossible to tighten down enough to keep it from flipping backwards.

First day with new bike. Took about 2 hours or so to put together. I didn't find the rear fenders very hard to get right but the front was pissing me off so I just left it off. Took it out for a cruise and when I tried to go up a small hill the freewheel stripped the threads on the hub assembly and the pedal went dead.

Well, I was prepared for a tough time since I've heard that Pacific Cycles has horrible customer service but I called them and within five minutes of dialing the call was over and they are shipped me out a new freewheel AND hub assembly.

In the meantime I've JB Welded the freewheel to the hub assembly so I can try to get in a little riding time tomorrow and finish working out a few of the bugs (mostly just getting the seat and handlebars adjusted to my liking).

So, first bad experience with a Pacific Cycles bike (most of the ones I've had were super tough even with engines on them), but at least the company is making it right and without any back-and-forth. The girl I talked to said my bike was made only a couple of months ago (I gave her the serial #) so not only is it brand new (from Amazon) but the paint's barely cured ;) That's just kinda cool to know.

Btw, started thinking that with the dark red color a Victorian/Steampunk type theme might look cool on it. Anyone know where to get a bronze headlight? lol

maxsideburn said:
Btw, started thinking that with the dark red color a Victorian/Steampunk type theme might look cool on it. Anyone know where to get a bronze headlight? lol
That would look awesome! No idea where to get the headlight, but love the idea!

Luke.

A nice old wooden crate or a ice box mounted to the back of it,some whitewalls.Would give it a great classic look...

yeah, I really like the idea of the wooden truck bed look. that's a cool old truck.

Seeing that truck really make me want to replace the black center caps with some chrome ones (if I can find any).

0003867540020_500_X500.jpg

I agree with the Greek. Replacing the basket with a wooden crate will do a lot for the appearance. Some trikers like a banana seat and ape hanger handlebars.

Back