New bike - Electra Coaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this new Electra in a trade from a friend. I wanted the metallic blue but it was not available, so silver it is. Unfortunatley the triple clamp fork I have will not fit due to the lame lowers necking down to fit into the clamps. What a lame design. So I may just make my own lowers and use the triple trees. So far the mods are simple, added my Coors light valve stem caps, a bell, some lights and will most likely pinstripe the factory graphics to add a little color.

aai.jpg

Took this thing on a 30 mile ride friday night, had no issues, except that I thought I seat this big would be comfy compared to the more tradtional seats I ride more often.

So here's some of the mods I've done

Bottle opener & some pinstripping(the thin blue lines)
aaj.sized.jpg

aak.sized.jpg

aal.sized.jpg

nice little details, bottle opener looks right at home on there :)
are the "coasters" the aluminum bikes ?

...and yeah, the seats look cooler than most but they're still the same padded bricks that come on everything else

CCR said:
nice little details, bottle opener looks right at home on there :)
are the "coasters" the aluminum bikes ?

...and yeah, the seats look cooler than most but they're still the same padded bricks that come on everything else

Thanks, I thought it was a nice touch. The coaster are steel, 3 spd's are alloy.

Anyone have a recommendation for a saddle?

With the bottle opener and your coors valve stem caps its a no brainer... you should call this thing "the silver bullet"! And um btw no drinking and riding!

For the saddleI I always say you can't go wrong with a brooks B67 (if you feel like spending the coin).

Back