New bike carrier day!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well carrier and hitch. I got really tired of cramming our bikes into the back so now were set!! 8)

Its the Bell fold up 2 bike carrier found at walmart and a uhaul hitch with a 1 1/4 extension. It worked out great because the carrier can be made to fit a 2" by adding the extra material so that my gf can use it on her car.

I was really considering getting a roof rack again but I had one in the past and the ones that are the "cheaper" ones required the front wheel to be taken off and that can be a major pain in the ... ! I almost got the ones where the bikes hang from the rack but I like this form better.

Overall im really impressed with the setup!

Please show your setup and how you lug around your bikes I would love to see more!

photo-3.jpg

What model carrier is that, and do you have a link? Was it reasonably priced? I'm also looking for something similar....

I used to have a really nice 4 bike receiver hitch rack, complete w/ a 1 1/4" adapter for my 2" receiver. Then my wife had a garage sale. She didn't think I used it and sold it for $20. She was so proud...until I told her the adapter to fit the hitch cost $48...and the actual rack cost $149. I was peeved. :x

p.s. at least now she asks me first when she wants to sell something of mine. :roll:

It's made by BELL the "fold right up two hitch bike rack" and can be found at your local walmart for 139.00 I don't see it available online anywhere not even on the BELL website. Ive searched but nada. it's really a decent carrier i'm really impressed with it being that it wasn't too terribly expensive.

Hmm....I don't see them online, maybe I could scour our three local WalMarts and order one if I had to because that's a great price! I was just thinking of pulling the trigger on a hitch reciever for my Spectra5 and that rack would be perfect and affordable and finding it locally would be a bonus.

yeah NO WHERE to be found online but I can highly recommend this carrier. I hope you find one. You wont be dissapointed. let me know how it goes 8)

I went to my local Uhaul to buy and install the hitch. They did a fantastic job and only charged me like 13 bucks to have the hitch installed onto my xb. The hitch cost me 176.00 bucks from them. I did not get a light harness because I have no intentions of towing anything just to have the carrier onto it.

is it easy to get in through the tailgate when the bikes are loaded on the rack? Do the bikes tilt away so the door can open?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
is it easy to get in through the tailgate when the bikes are loaded on the rack? Do the bikes tilt away so the door can open?

no to both of your questions. Do you have an xb too?

Back