New Belgium Brewery Fat Tire Electra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking the CL late last night when I came upon a 2 hour old listing for a Fat Tire Electra. I figured, at the price the guy was asking, it would be a fruitless phone call. My wife and my son each ride an Electra, and I have been hoping to find one of my own. When I made the call, the owner said that I was the third caller about the bike. My heart sank, but I asked him anyway, "Do you still have it?" When he said, "Yes", I said, "I'll take it!!"

Since he lived only a half hour, we were there at 8:00 A.M. the next morning. When I saw it, I couldn't believe that the first callers had taken a pass on such a cool bike.
100_4920_d26e7.JPG

The owner told me that he had gotten the bike from a friend who had won it in a charity auction.
100_4907_9fb3f.JPG

Does anyone know how many of these limited edition Fat Tire bikes are made each year?
100_4915_bf3b3.JPG

I love the old bike patina paint job and the springer fork. All it lacks is a 3-speed internal rearend, but I can live with that.
100_4914_5740e.JPG

The motto on the chain guard says it all for those of us with the cruiser affliction.

Hey, Dad. If you're running out of room at your house, you can "store" that one at my place. :wink: :lol: Awesome bike. I'm jealous.

the brewery has those bikes made for employee's only some are donated to charity auctions and others are give away bikes at there Tour De Fat in a raffle.and there also sent to liquor stores for display.. no you cant buy them there.. ive tried!
each year is a different color and they recently changed to electra.
keep that bike, the only way to get one is win it or find it on CL or ebay.

There's been one on CL around here. I've seen it posted a few times. It had a nice and shiney paint job on it. I think the seller wanted something like $400 or $500 for it.

B607 said:
Hey papajeep, you didn't tell us how much you stole it for. :) B607

Well, I was planning to buy a new Electra for about $450.00, so when this became available for $175.00, my wife said "Buy that bike!!" Who am I to argue with her? :lol: By the way, It is NOT for sale! :lol:

papajeep said:
B607 said:
Hey papajeep, you didn't tell us how much you stole it for. :) B607

Well, I was planning to buy a new Electra for about $450.00, so when this became available for $175.00, my wife said "Buy that bike!!" Who am I to argue with her? :lol: By the way, It is NOT for sale! :lol:

You stole that bike!

This is one of those bikes that you have to see in person to really appreciate it. The flat "barn red" paint looks awesome. The tank plate and the extra couple inches of wheelbase from the springer fork really give this thing a motorcycle feel.

Old bikes are awesome, but so are Electras. 8)

blacksheep said:
This is one of those bikes that you have to see in person to really appreciate it.

It's interesting that you say that.

I felt that way about Electras. I had seen them online and always thought they were cool, but when I finally saw some at a bike shop I was very impressed.

They are really large bikes and they really well built.

DSC_0015-1-1.jpg

Back