NERRB Simsbury, CT Bike Trail Ride 2 Sunday May, 4th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crabby Joe's it is! :) Seafood right?

Looks like it'll be a 9ish-mile ride to Crabby Joe's from the Meet-Up! :cool2:

Last edited:
Food for thought for the future. It is 26.4 miles from the CT border to Northampton, MA on the FVGREENWAY. See http://www.fvgreenway.org/map/map.list.asp I propose that we do a serious ride from Simsbury to Northampton at some point over the summer. This would be about a 70 mile roundtrip ride. Whaddya think?

Whoa, I propose we discuss that after a short ride to Crabby Joe's.
Do we know the trail is continuous? I think not as we have been to an end
in Westfield,Ma. May 4th ride will be a tester.....Stevil
Also, AAA is thinking of coverage on bikes,check it out.
" Ah,yes,sir, a size 24x3 inch tube and get here quick,I see snakes!"

Food for thought for the future. It is 26.4 miles from the CT border to Northampton, MA on the FVGREENWAY. See http://www.fvgreenway.org/map/map.list.asp I propose that we do a serious ride from Simsbury to Northampton at some point over the summer. This would be about a 70 mile roundtrip ride. Whaddya think?
Whoa, I propose we discuss that after a short ride to Crabby Joe's.
Do we know the trail is continuous? I think not as we have been to an end
in Westfield,Ma. May 4th ride will be a tester.....Stevil
I'm down for Joe's mega-two state-ride this summer.
I’m in complete agreement with all three of these ideas.

Perhaps we can combine Crabby Joe’s mega-ride with the first Northampton Nightlife Ride; we can start in Northampton, have lunch at Joe’s and then return for dinner in Northampton!

Digging the evolution of this potential ride – the thought of a 70-miler is intriguing.

Wow, 70 miles on a bicycle!! You guys are hardcore! :praise: I wouldn't even be able to do that:blush:

You're young Nick, you can do it. Especially with lots of stopping. When I was your age every Saturday ride was 80-100 miles. Granted on racing bikes and not 55 lb antiques, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we have a little less than two-weeks to go before this ride; we’ll discuss the 70-miler over breakfast. There’s quite a difference between doing a 70-miler on a road bike and one of ours – it might be time to polish-up The Ayer Flatlander, “The Nutcracker”. :)

about BTW There will be a flyover of the International Space Station tonight at 8:33PM! Look for a “star shaped object” streaking across the night sky; it’s traveling at 5-miles per second! :cool2:

At that rate, it could do our 70-miler in about 15-seconds! :D

Last edited:
I wish I had seen your post last night. I would've liked seeing that.

^^Ian, it's tonight 4/21 - you can still see it, start looking-up at about 8:30! :)

:( I didn't get to see it - wondering if I gave you guys the wrong date. :(

^^Bring the Higgy Skip

No can do. No way my recently repaired knee will make any kind of ride let alone the significant distance you guys are talking about.

My preferred ride length is approx. 2 miles. With frequent stops for adult beverages and photo ops.

If I ride with Skip I will just drive down, pull my bike from the van, and park it in front of said watering hole. Just easier that way!!

Back