NERRB Peaks Island Maine ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so this is on! I've already started contacting some of you to contribute your share of the rent and deposit to secure the house. Trying to be fair but with so many people coming and at different days and such it was hard to figure out who pays what. I figure that Those of us who are staying the whole week will pay the most and we will divvy up the rest accordingly. Any extra money will be used for groceries and beer and whatnot. This will be an awesome vacation! I cant wait!!!

Clear your mailbox as the checks
Will be coming. Will there be fireworks?
And all provisions should be brought
Over to the island to the island,right?
Stevil

Clear your mailbox as the checks
Will be coming. Will there be fireworks?
And all provisions should be brought
Over to the island to the island,right?
Stevil[/QUOTE
I'm stuffing as much beer and food as I can in a couple of backpacks to bring over just to save some money. There is a grocery store there and restaurants if we feel like going out. Theres a grill at the house and washer dryer, coffee maker and all that stuff. I would suggest everyone bring a sleeping bag because they dont provide linens for the beds and depending on how many people show up some may have to sleep on couch or floor. Most importantly, bring a bike! Although they do rent bikes out at the bike shop for relatively cheap. Ill see if I can find the link.

Just sent off the deposit. The rest is due April 1st. So with all your contributions I will be able to cover it. Thanks all! For those of you who havent seen it, heres a pic of the house.
avMsAzq.jpg

I am going to throw this out there as a "definite maybe". My plan would be to come up for one or two overnights, but will all depend on the weather. I want to ride the motorcycle up and travel with as little as possible. i will contribute food/beer/money when I get there. Sorry, not bringing a bicycle, but I am sure someone will have an extra and not everyone will ride at the same time. Love to go out exploring and I love the Maine coast.

Joe

I am going to throw this out there as a "definite maybe". My plan would be to come up for one or two overnights, but will all depend on the weather. I want to ride the motorcycle up and travel with as little as possible. i will contribute food/beer/money when I get there. Sorry, not bringing a bicycle, but I am sure someone will have an extra and not everyone will ride at the same time. Love to go out exploring and I love the Maine coast.

Joe
No need to bring a bike...http://www.yelp.ca/biz/brads-bike-rental-and-repair-peaks-island

We have them here in Simsbury. Pick up/drop points all along the rails for trails. Very convenient, just not "Rat Worthy" bikes unless your bring a can of flat black and gloss red, LOL!

Cool link. Self serve bikes, honor system? Competent and friendly? Must be Maine!

Here is a list of potential parking places near the ferry terminal (Casco Bay Lines) There are phone numbers listed for inquiries...overnight rates etc.... It was updated last month. It seems that everyone is planning on arriving on Friday evening so I strongly suggest when the time comes that as many as you can meet at my house and take as few vehicles as possible to Portland to save on money as well as it will be peak season and parking might be hard to find. Note* it is approx 25 minutes to Portland from my house and the ferry ride is approx 20 minutes to get to the island.
http://www.portlandmaine.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1429

Also I would try Fishermans wharf first because they offer overnight parking for $10 and you can park overnight for a few days as long as you pay up front. Having said that..August is also peak season and if you dont show up early enough the spots might be taken so thats why I am stressing the importance of taking the least amount of vehicles up there as well as posting all the parking options in the area. Phone numbers are included so if you have any questions about parking at the various sights, you can call and ask them directly.

Hola! I'm not on RR much. I met Danimal this past week-end. He led me here. I'm hoping I can make this and meet some cool folks who happen to like bikes too.

CHEERS!
Wally in Saco, ME

Hola! I'm not on RR much. I met Danimal this past week-end. He led me here. I'm hoping I can make this and meet some cool folks who happen to like bikes too.

CHEERS!
Wally in Saco, ME
Hey there Wally!! Welcome back!

You should definitely come with us for a day trip at least. Lots of good people and nobody takes any of this stuff seruously.

Really looking forward to this; it'll be cool riding with all of you on the island and mainland! :cool:

Latest posts

Back