Need the help of Schwinn Enthusiasts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Is this a Schwinn? And if so, around what era? It doesnt have a badge, but the place where it was doesn't look like a regular Schwinn badge. Sorry for the bad pic.

i do believe you got a Schwinn there
im guessing from the 40's as well
i have a 24 inch Schwinn that had a similar paint scheme so if it's not 40's might be a tornado form the 50's
the badge would be a lil larger i just discovered this with a Schwinn badge i want to use the older ones are a lil larger then a typical Schwinn badge.
but it is safe to say it's a Schwinn i think it is indeed a dx it has all the looks of a dx
Sean

i do believe you got a Schwinn there
im guessing from the 40's as well
i have a 24 inch Schwinn that had a similar paint scheme so if it's not 40's might be a tornado form the 50's
the badge would be a lil larger i just discovered this with a Schwinn badge i want to use the older ones are a lil larger then a typical Schwinn badge.
but it is safe to say it's a Schwinn i think it is indeed a dx it has all the looks of a dx
Sean

Definitely Schwinn, but maybe BF Goodrich as well. Here is mine that I'm currently working on. Same paint scheme which I was told is early post war. The morrow hub is dated 1946 on mine. What hub does yours have, the morrows are dated. I might agree with the prewar assessment up above with the rear dropouts.

That's a '41 DX, likely B.F.Goodrich badged by the graphics. You can tell the year by the down tube. '39 is straight. '40 is slightly curved. '41 has more curve yet. Gary

Thanks everybody! :thumbsup: Now what's a turd like this worth? I know what I would like to pay for it, but the guy that has it wanted $100, but now he's at $80.

They all beat me to it. Prewar Schwinn badges came in two heights--I don't know if the BFG badges did, but if you're looking to pick one up, be sure to ask the measurement on the holes. I think there is a 3/16" difference between the two sizes.

I could probably talk the guy down. I get probably 2-3 bikes from him a month.

Back