Need some help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cranbrook that I'm going to use as the family cruiser and strap a infant seat on it. So my question is about a second bike. I found another cranbrook with a bent springer and apes for 150 that I can get ASAP and I found a 51 Higgins that has an army theme with a rear basket with some army items strapped to it for 125 but I have to wait till the end of the month as its out of town. Thoughts ????

Brand new Cranbrooks are under $100 at WalMart (at least here in FL) I'd opt for the Higgins and re-do it in more of my own style.

just my oppion, but if I had a child I would put that child in a trailer, not in a bike seat on my bike. the child will have more room to sleep and whatever else they do. just too dangerous on a bike. always makes be shiver when I see it. just my 1c worth. I too would buy the other bike and not the cranbrook. just another oppion FWIW.

Outlaw 8)

I was leaning towards the higgins, just hate waiting.

Here is a pic of it

3kb3m73l55O15Q35W4b9e4a6ca8e7556b1743.jpg

some info "replica of military issue cruiser bike. frame is a 1951 JC Higgins sold by Sears. all other parts are newer model. Bike recently assembled so bearings, wheels, tires all fresh and ready for milage! tool kit, canteen, medical kit, ammo pouch all gov. issue, the racks hold a 12 pack nicely! "

Back