Need some help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Might be getting three really cool bikes and the guy has a honey hole I'd love to pick, Trying to figure out what these are worth. Trying not to over pay or cheat the guy. The three I'm trying to get are:

80's??? western flyer BMX,
WesternFlyerBMX.jpg

1970's ??? Firestone Muscle bike,
Firestone.jpg

1950'5 ??? J.C. Higgins 20 in.
JCHiggins20in.jpg

Then I spotted some others that may or may not be for sale like in the background of this pic I spy something that is a red 3 bar frame bike :shock:
Columbia3speed.jpg

And he had these too.
Sears.jpg

It's a western flyer not columbia just spotted that. I just thought it looked awesome. still waiting on a price though

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
No idea on prices, but I like that Firestone muscl bike :mrgreen:
Yeah I'm thinking an OA bath for some parts and put it back together with a good cleaning. Leave the patina and tires the way they are.

Yes, but I don't think you can save that front tire by the looks of it :?

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Yes, but I don't think you can save that front tire by the looks of it :?
Even if I can't I'll just copy the Firestone wording and spray paint it on the new tire. I think it'll be fine though. It'll be more of a display piece than a rider.

looking more that BMX looks like it may have some good parts on it but over all there are some cool bikes there

Loev the rat rod bike behind the blue Columbia Sports. Notice the LARGE sprocket, probably off an exercise bike.

The brake levers on that BMX are super weird. They don't look useful at all on that bike, but for something custom they might work cool, but otherwise rubbish.

TommyTwoTime said:
That would probably sound funny :shock: if I had never watched "American Pickers"
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :oops:

That BMX looks alot like a Goose MotoMag, cool frame, probably really small though.

Well I'm going to keep the Higgins original other than possibly making a tank or tank plate for it, maybe just a clean and polish, but keep the original paint and patina, maybe even add a little to the patina. (sand the top of chain guard and fenders then leave outside in the shed for a few weeks :lol: ) It'd be a shame to part it out being so original.

The Firestone will probably get broken down to it's parts and get an Oxalic Acid bath for all the chrome then re-assemble with a taller sissy bar. Possibly throw on a dual rear brake, 3 speed, and maybe a shifter if I can find one cheap enough for a twin bar, if not I'll keep the coaster brake. :mrgreen:

Back